MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2017

2.5

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

They are basically only looking for you to contact the people you personally know and sell them their products. It's a cold calling job for the lowest position and they don't provide you with numbers to call. They also expect you to have X amount of meetings per day with possible clients.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (Horsham, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that asked basic question for screening purposes. Then, there was a Skype interview. Lastly, there was an in person interview at the office. Offer was given within a few days.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Interview

It was fine, a little disingenuous. Casual in nature and conversational, but leader of organization was somewhat disengaged and asked Qs, but didn't appear to be listening though.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview than interview in person . The individual have no clue how to interview and was a waste of my time. Especially have 20 years of experience being interviewed by someone with no sales experience is a waste of my time!.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Intense and long interviews. A total of 3 interviews before job offer. The first interview was with HR. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with HR and the hiring manager.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly lengthy without proper expectations set. The seems fairly personable but at the same time detached and holds himself on a pedestal. He had me meet other advisers to see if I would be a good fit and most of them were very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

1 phone screen with an HR recruiter
    1 phone screen with the hiring manager
    1 round of in-person interviews with 6 people
    Then an offer was made, a little bit of negotiation and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions. Tell us about yourself and your experience, etc.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer

Field Services Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

First started with a phone interview, took a few days to set up a face to face interview. Very lengthy amount of questions, they seemed very serious. I couldn't get a good read on how the interview was going. I followed up with a thank you email for taking the time to interview me and why I thought I was a good candidate for the position. They emailed back saying thank you for taking the time to meet with us. About two weeks later I got an automated email saying they did not choose me for the position.

Interview Questions

• How would I hand a stressful project? Would I work independently or as a team?   Answer Question
    • How would I handle a angry customer   Answer Question
    • Why do I feel like I am a good fit for this position/company   Answer Question