MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.7

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I was introduced to a Financial Advisor from a mutual friend, he reached out to me over the phone to connect briefly and after discussing what I was looking for professionally he invited me into the office to have a more formal meeting in person. I was looking for an operational position, something not tied directly to sales but I wanted to keep an open mind during the meeting to see what opportunities were available.

The overall interaction was very welcoming and accommodating, not to mention very informative about the company and position. He talked about things like company background, products and services sold, incentive structure, and prospecting process. Financial Service Professionals are pretty much strictly commission with yearly kickers and modifiers. Depends on your personality if you are willing to put it in the work and grow a book of business over time.

Left the interview with a follow up reply to take a personality assessment and schedule a follow up meeting.

Monitoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen specifying requirements an onsite was scheduled. Lo an behold when I get there there was no position, nothing in process and a complete lack of understanding of the requirements fleshed out by me in the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few technical questions and I got the distinct feeling they were looking for engineering or architectural suggestions.   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Meridian, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer was very personal and professional. I was very comfortable speaking with him. He asked many personal questions, one of which I was not comfortable with answering. He sensed this and changed the subject quickly.

Interview Questions

• This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

There was suppose be one internal interview, there were 6. They kept canceling and rescheduling and the last interview seemed very uninterested. The others were nice but the process was so long for internal candidates.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy and straightforward. First, phone-interview then followed by an in-person interview with different people. Overall, the employees interviewed me were very friendly and honest. The whole interviewing process felt natural and easy.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Got a call within a few days for some initial talk and invite for face-to-face interview. Was given 10 surveys to be filled out before the second interview to prove that I had potential markets. This was difficult for me because I didn't know who to turn to besides family members. They want to know that you can be in contact with people who can actually afford to buy insurance products. Interviews were pleasant and easy.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MassMutual in May 2016.

Interview

It was really laid back. It was like we were just discussing things over coffee, no big deal. He looked at my resume and told me some about the position. Asked him some questions and that was it. Lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about the company?   1 Answer

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.