MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 13, 2017

2.7

78 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

There was suppose be one internal interview, there were 6. They kept canceling and rescheduling and the last interview seemed very uninterested. The others were nice but the process was so long for internal candidates.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Got a call within a few days for some initial talk and invite for face-to-face interview. Was given 10 surveys to be filled out before the second interview to prove that I had potential markets. This was difficult for me because I didn't know who to turn to besides family members. They want to know that you can be in contact with people who can actually afford to buy insurance products. Interviews were pleasant and easy.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MassMutual in May 2016.

Interview

It was really laid back. It was like we were just discussing things over coffee, no big deal. He looked at my resume and told me some about the position. Asked him some questions and that was it. Lasted about 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about the company?   1 Answer

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a waste of time.

Before they even look at your résumé they ask you to complete a coding exercise. You have to build an app that interfaces with the NY Times API and displays a list of searchable headlines which, when tapped, produce the article's content. They allow third-party packages.

I completed the exercise in about 15 hours and then submitted it. After 1 day, I received an invitation into the office.

I was told the interview will be "low-pressure". It's not at all. It's a panel interview. I was also told I would be asked to add a feature on to the app. That also didn't happen.

When I arrive at the office, I learn that no one has even seen the app. The excuse was "it uses third-party frameworks, so it wouldn't run". But, I got it out of one guy that he didn't even try to run the app (gee, thanks). I wrote the app in Swift and I used the Swift dependency manager, Carthage. Most folks who work with Swift are familiar with Carthage, but in the event they were not, I wrote instructions in a README to explain the process. They also didn't read the README.

They asked me to walk them through the app and to explain the code behind it. Because I had assumed my app would have been reviewed, I also assumed they would have prepared questions for me to answer to help direct the conversation. Nope. I had to explain hundreds of lines of code to folks who are just now seeing it for the first time. Since I wasn't prepared for that situation, I did a lousy job. I couldn't explain anything clearly. That was my fault for not preparing, but, I don't think that would've changed the outcome.

As expected, I received a rejection email a couple hours later. The reason was my skills were not senior enough.

Because they never reviewed my app, I don't even know why they brought me in.

I feel like the decision to bring me in went like this: "He wrote some code but we can't prove it works because we don't care enough to find out. What the hell, bring him in, I got nothin' to do today anyway."

My advice is if you are asked to complete a coding exercise, __demand__ compensation so Mass Mutual if forced to give a damn, otherwise, they'll just lead you on.

Also, don't wear a necktie (I wore one) and definitely don't wear a suit. They kept cracking jokes about neckties the entire interview.

And don't interview on a Friday like I did. The team works from home on that day.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that last about 30 minutes learning more about me. After the interview they want to know what geographical area you prefer. Scheduled for a office interview the next week to meet with the managers.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process was actually very professional for once. I'm still currently waiting to see if I will get an offer but nevertheless I don't feel cheated, or treated unprofessionally. If I don't get the position I just wasn't what they were looking for. I applied on Indeed and heard back withing the week. I conducted a phone interview that we scheduled through e-mail (my interviewer replied within minutes to any questions I had beforehand). After the phone interview I was scheduled to go to their HQ in order to take 2 assessment tests. The tests were pretend customer service calls and you had to select the best response fr each scenario. They were tricky but not impossible.

I was told about the position, the salary, the benefits and I was very impressed with it all. I was asked questions about my customer service experience, and to give examples of experiences

Interview Questions

• 1. Give me an example of a situation where you had to think on your feet in a short amount of time
      2. Give me an example of what customer service means to you

Other questions like this   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I Filled out paper application and paperwork in office. Met with office assistant to pre screen me. She documented my answers and we chatted about experience etc...She said she would call me if something came up.

Interview Questions

• duties rom past job, challenges and how you dealt with them   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.