MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

342 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual in July 2017.

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews before the offer meeting. The interviews were very laid back, more of a casual conversation with a subtle digging for facts. I think you are really judged as much on the type of questions you ask as you are your answers to their questions. I believe this type of interview leads you to be more candid and less rehearsed with your answers which is better for both parties in the end. Asking questions that show your knowledge of the industry and the company/agency or at least the fact that you did some homework and applied critical thought are a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your previous position doing _________ will help you succeed as a financial advisor.   1 Answer

Interview

It was fine, a little disingenuous. Casual in nature and conversational, but leader of organization was somewhat disengaged and asked Qs, but didn't appear to be listening though.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about 40 mins. Were all situational questions. Example.... how would you handle an irate customer that needed results in a short amount of time? Talked through resume and the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer that needed something done in a short period of time?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Intense and long interviews. A total of 3 interviews before job offer. The first interview was with HR. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with HR and the hiring manager.

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There have been several instances where I have gone for a personal interview, and an instance where I applied for Call Center position. The recruiting office is a separate company that does the hiring for Mass Mutual. It is usually a recruiter emailing or calling you to set up a day and time to meet with the hiring manager for the department you applied for. I have met with a few hiring managers that SEEM friendly, but also make the interview process intimidating. I don't understand how Mass Mutual can be a company that wants you to excel but doesn't give people to opportunity to show what they are worth. Mass Mutual makes you feel very discouraged in the job seeking process. You don't feel qualified for much after your interview, and the emails they send out "although your resume is impressive we have chosen a candidate that better suits the position" What did I do wrong in the interview? Did I not answer their questions the way they wanted?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and deadlines on a time crunch?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

a very causal setting, feels like you are having a casual conversation with a friend rather an employer. I have done two of the three recommended interviews, and my last one is this upcoming week.

Interview Questions

• really basic questions about your personality.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. first was telephonic with recruiter, went over basic questions : skills compensation & past achievements and other two were personal - meeting with team and senior management. Average difficulty; state your achievements, projects you've worked on, situation where you resolved conflict.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!