MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in October 2016.

Interview

Generic sales position interview questions. Wasn't impressed with company culture and sales manager pitch. Met recruiter at college, she was very kind, informative, and engaging. I was excited to receive a call from her a week later inviting me to an interview. Interview was conducted by a sales manager. He seemed uninterested in getting to know more about me and scripted with his speech. Offer was extended. Turned off by interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Resume drop online and then contacted to schedule an in-person interview with the HR rep. Basic behavioral interview designed to make sure you would be a good fit for sales. Then have a second interview with a sales manager. Then between the second and third interview you are given an assignment to collect 200 names and their contact info to be a contact book for if you get the job. Then you have the third interview with the manager who does most of the talking and makes sure that you are fit for sales. Then there's a 4th interview where they go over the compensation plan.

Overall, really nice people easy interviews.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

In person interviews with several people at the local office. Very few questions were asked by the interviewers. They needed warm bodies and little more. Most people did not make it through their "training program" that was almost a week long.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe you can sell life insurance.   1 Answer

Entry Level Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR) in September 2016.

Interview

A lot of questions, nice but vague. There were a lot of feeler questions. It was hard to get a grasp on what was going on. The job description was indirect.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

I was prospected by a recruiter for a Sales Manager position, only to find out after driving an hour that I had been "bait & switched". It was actually turned out to be an entry level Sales position with a "Fast Path" to Management.

Overqualified for the position

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview to gauge interest, followed by an in-person interview where they asked some simple questions, but I used it as an opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

There was suppose be one internal interview, there were 6. They kept canceling and rescheduling and the last interview seemed very uninterested. The others were nice but the process was so long for internal candidates.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Lengthy. It took a while about 2-3 in person interviews on top of 2-3 phone interviews and then a separate appointment for a rigorous testing and had to wait almost a week for results and final interview then had to submit to a drug screening and wait another week or more for confirmation of passing and an offer.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Got a call within a few days for some initial talk and invite for face-to-face interview. Was given 10 surveys to be filled out before the second interview to prove that I had potential markets. This was difficult for me because I didn't know who to turn to besides family members. They want to know that you can be in contact with people who can actually afford to buy insurance products. Interviews were pleasant and easy.