MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   2 Answers

District Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

GM and AGM gave a very thorough overview of job expectations and renumeration parameters. I was shown the work environment, introduced to support staff. My overall impression: this is a first rate, professional operation and one that anyone should feel good about calling their workplace.

Interview Questions

• What are your plans for building a unit?   1 Answer
    • I was also queried about past experiences, and how that shaped my expectations going forward. Both interviewers shared personal experiences in their career with mass mutual.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR).

Interview

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions

• Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There were 5 interviews I went through. Here's how it went.
    Phone Interview: They asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be in this industry. They gave me some information about the position. What they did. How a day is like as an advisor. Pretty informative discussion.
    1st Interview. They dug in about what I did in the past and what my skills were like. Talked about what my plans were and found out more about the business. I got much more information at this interview too. I liked how they were detailed about the questions, yet very helpful with answering mine too. Very straight forward. They didn't dance around with what i wanted to know.
    2nd Interview. Questions were harder. Got to know each other much more. At this point I felt like it was a really good fit for me because I knew what I was getting into.
    3rd Interview. I was to do a business plan for this career. Took a lot of time, but it was really good. Made me learn about what I was getting into and more about myself. Made me visualize this industry a lot better. Really glad I did it not just for the interview but for myself too.
    4th Interview. Probably the deepest interview in regards to getting to know my life. Business and personal stuff. Talked about what made me who I am today. Talked about what I wanted in the future. Got to really know more about the company. Felt really good about it.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my business plan for my future. Thought it might be easy to answer, but I never interviewed at a place where they cared about my personal lifestyle too. Too me I was thrown off, but I liked the fact that they cared about what my life goals were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Start off with a phone interview to get to know the person. 1st interview is a general getting to know each other interview. 2nd interview they go in much more detail as for my background and goals. 3rd interview will be a presentation and some business planning discussion. 4th interview is a more in depth interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Interview

Capital Financial Group of MassMutual is a good firm with a strong team of financial advisors and planners. The interviewing process was very professional, and I was highly impressed with the team members with whom I met. Although it was not the best option for me at the time, I would refer them to anyone getting into the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MassMutual in August 2009.

Interview

Very streamlined and up front.