MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Interview

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired.

First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bala Cynwyd, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Bala Cynwyd, PA) in November 2014.

Interview

Met at a job fair, had an interview with the hiring representative and multiple interviews with an Accounts Executive manager. The interviews spanned multiple weeks, with the first several being behavioral-based. They refused to speak about compensation until I had proven that I had a "network" I could tap into. The job is 100% commission based. They will pay you back for series licenses, but you have to front the cost. You really have to remember that all the people who are interviewing you are sales people themselves, as they try to soften the downsides of working there using standard sales tactics.

Interview Questions

• Provide a list of 200 people in your personal network, with their contact information.   Answer Question

100% commission based, have to sell to "your network" of family and friends

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. The process took about 3 weeks. Had one initial interview where they went over my resume and asked your normal questions and told me more about the internship and questions I had for them about it. Then had a second interview where they let me conduct the interview and ask all the questions and then more info on the internship was given.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is very slow at MassMutual. They seem to want you to talk to everyone so it takes a long time to complete the process. In the mean time, what the hiring manager or his boss wants changed. Not sure the PMO has worked out all of what they are really looking for and how to structure the interviews and on boarding. Some behavioral interview questions were included about risk management and dealing with the project team.

Interview Questions

• Describe that largest project you have managed, how many people on the team, what was the cost?   Answer Question

Financial Services Interview

Interview

They will have you do a personality test to see if you fit the bill. If you do they get excited and will really push for you to accept the job. After that you will enter into a 2 week training class.