MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Camden, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

A few phone interviews and 3 in person interviews. People were nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. They were pretty big on looking at your personality questions and tests. I wish glassdoor didnt make me give some type of review to get full access

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. first was telephonic with recruiter, went over basic questions : skills compensation & past achievements and other two were personal - meeting with team and senior management. Average difficulty; state your achievements, projects you've worked on, situation where you resolved conflict.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I had one phone screening, an interview with a recruiter, an an interview with the General Agent. The questions that were asked were fairly simple and easy to answer especially because you could tell they were looking for a specific type of answer.

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got emailed for a phone screening. The recruiter was almost an hour late for the phone screening. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager. It lasted almost an hour, and then the manager had two staff members from the department come down which lasted another hour. The overall feeling was very stiff and unorganized. It was mostly the manager bragging about how great the team is. It seemed like the manager was attempting to intimidate me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to leave emotions at home? This is an emotionless position.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant But the General Agent was a bit aggressive on asking questions, I did not want to answer. He also seemed to convince why the job would suit me.

Interview Questions

• how I view the insurance industry, and how it stacks up against the advisory bussines, and if i would be willing to do both.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY).

Interview

You complete a Hogan personality profile, if you fail, you are basically out. There is a structured interview where they score your answers and the manager will work fuzzy math to make sure you pass. It's a step above giving you a mirror to fog with your breath proving you have a pulse. Expect three interviews and a job offer if you just show up. It's all commission so why not hire you?

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through website and received phone interview about possible opening in D.C. location. Interview went well and was invited to the office to meet the company but declined the offer in order to work elsewhere. Seemed like a good company culture from the brief phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why MassMutual? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a fairly structured interview/hiring process. You will undergo a series of multiple interviews to determine if you are the right fit for the job. For me, it began with a phone interview between the recruiter, head agent, and myself. That lead to an in-person interview where I met with the recruiter and two other representatives. The two representatives were both early-to-mid twenties and described their experience thus far. I was pretty impressed with the presentation and it was evident how much pride they had in maintaining their company culture.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and aspirations in a job like this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newark, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiter called to set up a interview couple of days after submitting online application. First interview, met with two VPs. Very informative first interview, where they informed you of what the company is about and what kind of person they're looking for etc. Second interview was more in-depth of your background/experience and if you're a people person (basically you'll be answering 8-10 detailed questions asked by interviewer) and they will conduct background check, and send assessments prior to second interview. Third interview very brief, they assign homework for you to seek roughly 200 people you know to build your network of clients and ten short surveys. Once completing these tasks, you'll be determined if you're a right candidate for this position; if so, training and licensing will begin shortly. Please keep in mind, this is a 100% pure commission position (+bonus from company, down the road) and you will need to find your own network of people to sell insurance to (lots of calls, seeking people on the field, etc). If you're not able to speak in front of people or not able to easily communicate with random strangers and getting rejected numerous times, this position would not be for you. However, if you are, the earning potential is there through lots of hard work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and what interested you about MassMutual?   Answer Question