MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, fairly straightforward. Asked about my background but this was for a new advisor position so it wasn't super important. Managers here were looking for good, self motivated people to join the team,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Billing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

Met with an HR rep for an initial interview. Then met with the head of the department. Both situations we're very professional. They were easy to talk to and they explained the job position very well.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: First with manager, second with employees of the same department, third with HR - Excellent process. It goes very quickly, computer is built when you begin, access to different apps can take some time. Use this time wisely to learn the proprietary apps available to you.

Interview Questions

• How adaptable are you to different levels of stress?   1 Answer

Director, Call Center Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had three phone and two in person interviews. They were behavioral style and general questions. I also completed a Director's assessment on-line. The employees conducting the interviews have been both professional and friendly.

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they asked basic interview questions. Then a week later I was asked to come in for a two 30min in person interviews. The first was a panel of 4 people who had the title as the job I was applying for. The second interview was with 3 managers. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • describe a time you failed and how you managed to deal with that?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when two members of your team did not get along and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • describe a time when there was a procedure at work that you didn't like and how you offered a change to the system   Answer Question
    • what do you know about the company   Answer Question

Financial Services Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

Found online by recruiter. Email sent and I replied within one month. We corresponded for sometime while I made up my mind. Finally, we set up appointments. I was screened by phone for fifteen minutes. I interviewed for two hours in office.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe the ideal characteristics of my career?   1 Answer

Insurance Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual (White Plains, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

I spent an hour or so speaking to the agency owner, after being referred to him by a past co-worker. He ended up pairing me with one of his managers that he thought I would jibe with. I was not very happy with his choice, though I gave it a shot.

Interview Questions

• He asked me about who I was as a person, and basically felt me out as to what kind of person I was.   1 Answer

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

I thought the interview process was going very well with MassMutual. They don't believe in using the STAR method to interview you or anything technical in that way. However, they require you to take part in 4 different interviews. I had gotten to the second interview and I thought it went really well. That was until I never received a call back from MassMutual again. You would think that they would be more professional and at least call or send an email to inform me that I wasn't what they wanted instead of me sitting around and waiting for a response.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2017.

Interview

went smooth. very easy going. applying was easy to apply for. called back right away. great for an entry job in the career field. still waiting to hear back from them to further the interview process.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual in July 2017.

Interview

There were a total of 3 interviews before the offer meeting. The interviews were very laid back, more of a casual conversation with a subtle digging for facts. I think you are really judged as much on the type of questions you ask as you are your answers to their questions. I believe this type of interview leads you to be more candid and less rehearsed with your answers which is better for both parties in the end. Asking questions that show your knowledge of the industry and the company/agency or at least the fact that you did some homework and applied critical thought are a huge plus.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel your previous position doing _________ will help you succeed as a financial advisor.   1 Answer