MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Intense and long interviews. A total of 3 interviews before job offer. The first interview was with HR. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with HR and the hiring manager.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Reno, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

A local satellite contacts you saying they've found your resume on social media and have sent you an email invitation for phone interview; you schedule with some third-party meeting service for a phone interview date and time for the manager to call you...all that day you hear nothing, weeks later you get another robo-email request for phone interview.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chesterfield, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

talked about my previous work history, reviewed my sales record talked to the sales manager first then the managing partner once again with the sales manager and we went over what he expected and where the office was and we decided to move forward

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. first was telephonic with recruiter, went over basic questions : skills compensation & past achievements and other two were personal - meeting with team and senior management. Average difficulty; state your achievements, projects you've worked on, situation where you resolved conflict.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process from Application to off took about a month. There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, then an interview with two managers who were friendly. I received an offer less than a week later contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service call center questions. Know the product.   Answer Question

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (Horsham, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that asked basic question for screening purposes. Then, there was a Skype interview. Lastly, there was an in person interview at the office. Offer was given within a few days.

Case Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was formal, but laid back. Questions were more about your experiences that would help you to be successful in the role you applied for. Discussed challenging situations and how you overcame them. Lastly, went over what to expect as an employee for massmutual.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making a final decision without consulting your manager.   Answer Question