MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Apr 19, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Very pleasant But the General Agent was a bit aggressive on asking questions, I did not want to answer. He also seemed to convince why the job would suit me.

Interview Questions

• how I view the insurance industry, and how it stacks up against the advisory bussines, and if i would be willing to do both.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through website and received phone interview about possible opening in D.C. location. Interview went well and was invited to the office to meet the company but declined the offer in order to work elsewhere. Seemed like a good company culture from the brief phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why MassMutual? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   Answer Question

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

4 interviews, didnt really explain the day to day very much, spoke a lot about long term benefits. it was more them convincing me to take the job than it was me trying to convince them to hire me.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes about two weeks. The first interview is on campus and followed by on-site interview very quickly. You are going to get your feedback in about a week.

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well. They took time to really figure out whether it would be a good fit between both parties. There was transparency and they give you the pros and cons about the company and the challenges many agents face.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about your position?
      Why did you leave your current position?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It took 2 interviews and I landed the job. I met my recruiter at my university career fair. A week or two later I got a call from the secretary and had a quick chat. Another call a few days later and we scheduled the interview. Two interviews in person after that

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bridgewater, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Bridgewater, NJ) in April 2016.

Interview

Talked at me not to me. Didn't listen to the questions I had and didn't answer anything I wanted to learn more about. He asked me to sell him his pen... whats that about?

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

It's a long process. Did two phone interviews, two in person interviews, and many weekly meetings leading up until the point of me passing my l&h insurance exam. Still attempting to get my project 200 together

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Meridian, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer was very personal and professional. I was very comfortable speaking with him. He asked many personal questions, one of which I was not comfortable with answering. He sensed this and changed the subject quickly.

Interview Questions

• This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.   1 Answer