MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Dec 3, 2017

2.5

Financial Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in October 2009.

Interview

Seemed to be reading of a script in the office. I ended up feeling empty after the interview was completed. I will not pursue this any further

Information Security Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Interviewer is very friendly. Questions are not fixed. The interviewer will ask questions based on your introduction and your resume. It was an on site interview. Have a good understanding of general attack methods will be a good prepare.

Account Manager - Emerging Market Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed with Manager and a member of the team, alternating questions between the two. As I've worked for the company for several years I have known the manager for some time but it was my first time meeting the team member. Runs 30-45 minutes depending on answers.

Interview Questions

• What do you anticipate to be your biggest hurdle transitioning into this position?   Answer Question

Marketing Track Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume through a university portal. They got back to me in a timely manner to schedule a phone interview. The women on the phone was kurt, almost rude. It made it difficult to engage and create any sort of rapport with her. The ease of obtaining the interview and my interest in the company was overshadowed by her behavior.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a decision without being fully informed?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Three interviews, the first on the phone and the last two in person with a financial advisor. The phone interview was more about me and getting to know me, following that I was given a personality online test. The second interview was a little bit about me but more explaining the career in financial services. The last interview was more in-depth what the job and compensation looks like.

Interview Questions

• What kind of job are you looking to have?   1 Answer

AVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Standard interview process is followed. Met with recruiters and hiring managers. Answered standard questions about my experience. The first interview lasted 30 minutes. The second interview also lasted 30 minutes.

Case Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview was formal, but laid back. Questions were more about your experiences that would help you to be successful in the role you applied for. Discussed challenging situations and how you overcame them. Lastly, went over what to expect as an employee for massmutual.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable making a final decision without consulting your manager.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, fairly straightforward. Asked about my background but this was for a new advisor position so it wasn't super important. Managers here were looking for good, self motivated people to join the team,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: First with manager, second with employees of the same department, third with HR - Excellent process. It goes very quickly, computer is built when you begin, access to different apps can take some time. Use this time wisely to learn the proprietary apps available to you.

Interview Questions

• How adaptable are you to different levels of stress?   1 Answer

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they asked basic interview questions. Then a week later I was asked to come in for a two 30min in person interviews. The first was a panel of 4 people who had the title as the job I was applying for. The second interview was with 3 managers. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • describe a time you failed and how you managed to deal with that?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when two members of your team did not get along and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • describe a time when there was a procedure at work that you didn't like and how you offered a change to the system   Answer Question
    • what do you know about the company   Answer Question