MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.5

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2016.

Interview

Long interview process, they will tell you around 17 interview for every one person hired. There is about 5 or 6 steps until the final interview. After going through the whole process they then expect you to sell to family and friends for while taking a higher ranking sales representative with you to all sales for the first two years.

Interview Questions

• They have you fill out a 200 list of everyone you know and have phone numbers and emails for.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Given scenarios and asked to answer questions about how you'd handle them; went over resume; informed on what an advisor does; given scenarios and asked how you'd respond to them; talked about the training process and history of the company;
    Talked about how you'd make your money

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial advisor position?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It took 2 interviews and I landed the job. I met my recruiter at my university career fair. A week or two later I got a call from the secretary and had a quick chat. Another call a few days later and we scheduled the interview. Two interviews in person after that

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

the interview process consisted of them determining what type of social network you have. How well you can convince people to buy from you. How comfortable you are on the phone. Must have a professional demeanor. Must be willing to work on commission only basis, no salary.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   1 Answer

Early CareerProgram (Summer) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was a "phone screening" to start. There was a lot of behavioral questions that I was personally not expecting. Kind of my fault for not preparing better, but it was behavioral question after behavioral question. Probably about 6-8 of these. Other than that there was pretty basic interview questions such as why you applied, why you're interested, etc, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to convince people in a group about an idea? How did you convince them that your idea was better?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with recruiter and one with general agent. Very casual setting with pretty general questions regarding background and history. The recruiter was extremely helpful and willing to help with the process and meeting goals and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals   1 Answer

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

From application to offer letter, the process took approximately 6 weeks. Initially a phone interview of approximately 20 minutes was conducted followed by an invitation to the office in North Phoenix to complete electronic assessments (personality and customer service capabilities) with a final interview approx 3 weeks afterwards. The final interview was 2:1 environment, friendly and very much focused on their need for customer-centric associates and your ability to deliver this level of service. I found the whole process to be easy, straightforward and everyone from recruiter to hiring manager were very upfront and answered questions directly. Love the professionalism and am happy to be a part of the team!

Interview Questions

• How have you handled or responded to a difficult associate/co-worker?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ Interview

Application

Interview

I applied thru Indeed.com and received a call from a recruiter a few days later. The initial phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very informative. I was scheduled to take the assessments for math, customer service and personality questions. Several days later I received a call that I had passed the exams and was scheduled for an in person interview with a manager. She was very polite and the interview went very smoothly. The entire process took over a month, however this was over the holiday season.