MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MassMutual (Portland, OR) in June 2017.

Interview

a very causal setting, feels like you are having a casual conversation with a friend rather an employer. I have done two of the three recommended interviews, and my last one is this upcoming week.

Interview Questions

• really basic questions about your personality.   1 Answer

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in June 2017.

Interview

Took about 40 mins. Were all situational questions. Example.... how would you handle an irate customer that needed results in a short amount of time? Talked through resume and the interview was basically over.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle an irate customer that needed something done in a short period of time?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

They are basically only looking for you to contact the people you personally know and sell them their products. It's a cold calling job for the lowest position and they don't provide you with numbers to call. They also expect you to have X amount of meetings per day with possible clients.

Financial Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Horsham, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (Horsham, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

First, there was a phone interview that asked basic question for screening purposes. Then, there was a Skype interview. Lastly, there was an in person interview at the office. Offer was given within a few days.

Interview Questions

Interview

It was fine, a little disingenuous. Casual in nature and conversational, but leader of organization was somewhat disengaged and asked Qs, but didn't appear to be listening though.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Intense and long interviews. A total of 3 interviews before job offer. The first interview was with HR. The second was with the hiring manager. The third was with HR and the hiring manager.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly lengthy without proper expectations set. The seems fairly personable but at the same time detached and holds himself on a pedestal. He had me meet other advisers to see if I would be a good fit and most of them were very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process from Application to off took about a month. There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, then an interview with two managers who were friendly. I received an offer less than a week later contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service call center questions. Know the product.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiters are professional; however, a few over speak. They do a great job of preparing and coaching for an interview. They could do a much better job of providing feedback when an offer is not made. The hiring managers seem to have an elitest mentality almost as if you should beg to work for the company. The questions were very elementary and did little to uncover what I would bring to the table or what I was looking for in the role. Very manager 101 questions, robotic/ little personality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when motivating a team was difficult and the success of your job depended on it.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy process, good company culture. Take about 8 interns. The day I went for the interview, they had a charity event raising money from the colleagues there. It was a group interview with 2 ladies which was different than most interviews