MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with recruiter and one with general agent. Very casual setting with pretty general questions regarding background and history. The recruiter was extremely helpful and willing to help with the process and meeting goals and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Had to make it through the preliminary round. That requires a look at your resume and phone interview.
    Came in for an interview and interviews with 3 people, the Vice President, Assistant Vice President, and an Analyst.
    About a week later I got offered the position.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy and straightforward. First, phone-interview then followed by an in-person interview with different people. Overall, the employees interviewed me were very friendly and honest. The whole interviewing process felt natural and easy.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Fremont, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was fast and in depth. The manager was respectful and did his best to get to know me. He made it a point make me feel comfortable and relaxed by casually talking before the in depth interview. This helped calm my nerves and made him far more easy to relate to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate for a higher hourly wage. I called and in a day's time the negotiation was settled and my request was accepted.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took only a few weeks. I had three interviews with them all of them with positive interactions. They require an initial personality test to see if you would be a good fit, but other than that it was quite simple.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Got a call within a few days for some initial talk and invite for face-to-face interview. Was given 10 surveys to be filled out before the second interview to prove that I had potential markets. This was difficult for me because I didn't know who to turn to besides family members. They want to know that you can be in contact with people who can actually afford to buy insurance products. Interviews were pleasant and easy.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, VT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Colchester, VT) in February 2014.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. A lot of personality based questions that really dig at whether are not being a representative is an appropriate career for you. You are working on 100% commission.

Interview Questions

• Describe a moment in your life where you faced adversity, and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Berkeley, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview that last about 30 minutes learning more about me. After the interview they want to know what geographical area you prefer. Scheduled for a office interview the next week to meet with the managers.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Boston, MA) in April 2016.

Interview

This was a waste of time.

Before they even look at your résumé they ask you to complete a coding exercise. You have to build an app that interfaces with the NY Times API and displays a list of searchable headlines which, when tapped, produce the article's content. They allow third-party packages.

I completed the exercise in about 15 hours and then submitted it. After 1 day, I received an invitation into the office.

I was told the interview will be "low-pressure". It's not at all. It's a panel interview. I was also told I would be asked to add a feature on to the app. That also didn't happen.

When I arrive at the office, I learn that no one has even seen the app. The excuse was "it uses third-party frameworks, so it wouldn't run". But, I got it out of one guy that he didn't even try to run the app (gee, thanks). I wrote the app in Swift and I used the Swift dependency manager, Carthage. Most folks who work with Swift are familiar with Carthage, but in the event they were not, I wrote instructions in a README to explain the process. They also didn't read the README.

They asked me to walk them through the app and to explain the code behind it. Because I had assumed my app would have been reviewed, I also assumed they would have prepared questions for me to answer to help direct the conversation. Nope. I had to explain hundreds of lines of code to folks who are just now seeing it for the first time. Since I wasn't prepared for that situation, I did a lousy job. I couldn't explain anything clearly. That was my fault for not preparing, but, I don't think that would've changed the outcome.

As expected, I received a rejection email a couple hours later. The reason was my skills were not senior enough.

Because they never reviewed my app, I don't even know why they brought me in.

I feel like the decision to bring me in went like this: "He wrote some code but we can't prove it works because we don't care enough to find out. What the hell, bring him in, I got nothin' to do today anyway."

My advice is if you are asked to complete a coding exercise, __demand__ compensation so Mass Mutual if forced to give a damn, otherwise, they'll just lead you on.

Also, don't wear a necktie (I wore one) and definitely don't wear a suit. They kept cracking jokes about neckties the entire interview.

And don't interview on a Friday like I did. The team works from home on that day.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, apply on line , answer a bunch of questions on my academic and work and salary history, followed by phone screen, then interview with multiple people at the head quarters. The people you meet seem reasonable, no trick questions, not stressful. Interview process was ok all in all. Recruiters were professional and were able to answer my questions about the company and its culture.

Interview Questions

• prior experience, what are your strengths & weaknesses   1 Answer