MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 12, 2017

2.5

Career Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (Baltimore, MD) in January 2013.

Interview

They will take anyone with a clean background willing to work hard. Industry knowledge is a plus. There is minimal skin off the managements back as it's 100% commission job. Overall it was a three step interview process and heard back within a week.

Call Center Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Hartford, CT) in April 2017.

Interview

The entire process from Application to off took about a month. There was an initial phone interview with a recruiter, then an interview with two managers who were friendly. I received an offer less than a week later contingent on passing a background check.

Interview Questions

• Basic customer service call center questions. Know the product.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2017.

Interview

Recruiters are professional; however, a few over speak. They do a great job of preparing and coaching for an interview. They could do a much better job of providing feedback when an offer is not made. The hiring managers seem to have an elitest mentality almost as if you should beg to work for the company. The questions were very elementary and did little to uncover what I would bring to the table or what I was looking for in the role. Very manager 101 questions, robotic/ little personality

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when motivating a team was difficult and the success of your job depended on it.   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Silly questions about network , hobbies. Then a slab of port work between digital and hard copy. New girl was confused and dud not promptly return calls ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your failures.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charlotte, NC) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy process, good company culture. Take about 8 interns. The day I went for the interview, they had a charity event raising money from the colleagues there. It was a group interview with 2 ladies which was different than most interviews

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I had a phone screening followed by two "task based interviews". The first was a personality test and the second was compiling a list of 200 names to build your network. They are very willing to hire anyone willing to do this tough work

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to give someone negative feedback   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time things didn't go according to plan   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phila, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phila, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very welcoming and informational. I first had an over the phone interview. I had to be very persistent to keep getting the next interview process. Make sure it is what you want to do!

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camden, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Camden, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

A few phone interviews and 3 in person interviews. People were nice and the atmosphere was relaxed. They were pretty big on looking at your personality questions and tests. I wish glassdoor didnt make me give some type of review to get full access

Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT).

Interview

3 rounds of interview. first was telephonic with recruiter, went over basic questions : skills compensation & past achievements and other two were personal - meeting with team and senior management. Average difficulty; state your achievements, projects you've worked on, situation where you resolved conflict.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Rochester, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively easy. I had one phone screening, an interview with a recruiter, an an interview with the General Agent. The questions that were asked were fairly simple and easy to answer especially because you could tell they were looking for a specific type of answer.