MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.5

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Greensboro, NC) in March 2016.

Interview

I went in to talk to a sales director, who was straightforward about what to expect from the position. While the benefits and compensation may appeal to some, I was not looking for a commission based position, which meant I decided not to follow up with the formal interview process.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Three interviews with different employees at the firm. Easy questions, mostly just getting a feel for my personality and how I would fit in with the firm. Each interviewer went over the responsibilities of the role. I was also asked to come back in with a long list of potential leads for generating income.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Given scenarios and asked to answer questions about how you'd handle them; went over resume; informed on what an advisor does; given scenarios and asked how you'd respond to them; talked about the training process and history of the company;
    Talked about how you'd make your money

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the financial advisor position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Grand Rapids, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview to gauge interest, followed by an in-person interview where they asked some simple questions, but I used it as an opportunity to ask a lot of questions about the company.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

took a long time about 3 weeks to hear back from the recruiter. was kind of disorganized for the interns but was a rotational program so they did try and find the best fit for us. it was a semi-casual interview just wanted to get to know the candidate but wanted the candidate to know more about the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with recruiter and one with general agent. Very casual setting with pretty general questions regarding background and history. The recruiter was extremely helpful and willing to help with the process and meeting goals and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

Had to make it through the preliminary round. That requires a look at your resume and phone interview.
    Came in for an interview and interviews with 3 people, the Vice President, Assistant Vice President, and an Analyst.
    About a week later I got offered the position.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Vancouver, WA).

Interview

I was prospected by a recruiter for a Sales Manager position, only to find out after driving an hour that I had been "bait & switched". It was actually turned out to be an entry level Sales position with a "Fast Path" to Management.

Overqualified for the position

Director of Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Irvine, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

Fairly brief when they saw my qualifications, but it went reasonably well as it wasn't too difficult. I think what helped is that I knew some insiders who advocated for me..

Interview Questions

• How will you develop a training program?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview process was easy and straightforward. First, phone-interview then followed by an in-person interview with different people. Overall, the employees interviewed me were very friendly and honest. The whole interviewing process felt natural and easy.