MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

352 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Chicago, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

It is a fairly structured interview/hiring process. You will undergo a series of multiple interviews to determine if you are the right fit for the job. For me, it began with a phone interview between the recruiter, head agent, and myself. That lead to an in-person interview where I met with the recruiter and two other representatives. The two representatives were both early-to-mid twenties and described their experience thus far. I was pretty impressed with the presentation and it was evident how much pride they had in maintaining their company culture.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals and aspirations in a job like this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at MassMutual (Spokane, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Fairly lengthy without proper expectations set. The seems fairly personable but at the same time detached and holds himself on a pedestal. He had me meet other advisers to see if I would be a good fit and most of them were very kind and helpful.

Interview Questions

• When are you available to work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Seattle, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Two interviews, fairly straightforward. Asked about my background but this was for a new advisor position so it wasn't super important. Managers here were looking for good, self motivated people to join the team,

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to do this job?   1 Answer

IT AcademyTechnology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

First interview was behavioral, not technical. Mainly focused on what your past experiences were and how you troubleshoot problems. I have not completed the process yet, but I will update as I go along.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with people who have personalities which clash with yours   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Interview went really well. They took time to really figure out whether it would be a good fit between both parties. There was transparency and they give you the pros and cons about the company and the challenges many agents face.

Interview Questions

• What do you enjoy about your position?
      Why did you leave your current position?   1 Answer

Monitoring Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

After a phone screen specifying requirements an onsite was scheduled. Lo an behold when I get there there was no position, nothing in process and a complete lack of understanding of the requirements fleshed out by me in the phone screen.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very few technical questions and I got the distinct feeling they were looking for engineering or architectural suggestions.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. then I was invited for an on site interview. During the on site interview, I talked to three different people. they were very friendly and made it seem casual. I was shown around the company building as well, and reimbursed for travel.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Miami, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

The HR manager called me after seeing my resume and explained how my skill could be applied to this new industry. I then had an interview with him, where he explained what the Company did, and what my role would be, and compensation expectations. After that, there are more meetings where the company's products are explained.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was a 1-1 interview in the office. It's mostly for information - they will go over exactly what the company does and the kinds of roles you play in it/ways to advance. They ask some questions about strength and experience, but is more emphasized on information about the company. He heavily emphasized that this is difficult work, and asks you if you would be interested/capable of it. I was asked back for a second interview, but decided to remove my name from consideration. Although there is potential to make a lot of money, you have no base salary and have to start with trying to sell to friends/family. Unless you have funds you can live off of for a few months without a salary, I would hold back on this job. Not ideal for recent college grads.

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Meridian, ID

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Meridian, ID) in October 2016.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The interviewer was very personal and professional. I was very comfortable speaking with him. He asked many personal questions, one of which I was not comfortable with answering. He sensed this and changed the subject quickly.

Interview Questions

• This is a negative. He asked me the ages of my children. This is not a good indicator to me since it could lead to hiring discrimination based on age.   1 Answer