MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in March 2013.

Interview

Came in for an interview, they have contacted me by text message, which i thought it was weird. Anyways, did the interview, they have offered me the job, and said they would call to make the detail arrangements....more than months passed by and they haven't called nor answer a message. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you consider to be a victory of yours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the interview, he said he would like to offer me a job, if i accepted - it was a part-time summer job; said he would call to get all my documents and schedule a meeting with his partner, and have never called...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was more of an info session. The specific job ended up being more of a sales position for insurance. The woman was very polite and enthusiastic and the interview left with the group of interviewees responsible for contacting for further information. The first interview was mostly an information session and I need not continue with the opportunity.

Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pasadena, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, the first interview it focuses on getting to know you and taking a personality exam. The second interview they talk to you about the project 200 an the expectation that you will be calling them in regard to making sales. The third and last interview focuses on compensation and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling to friends and family   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very different than other companies. I met the CEO of the firm, I was taken to lunch and dinner which I am assuming happened because of my track record at my previous firm. They talk a lot about themselves and how great they are.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous years' production?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Farmingdale, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interview process which consists of the interviewer asking about your background and your experience in the industry. The process was easy. The interviewer was very easy to speak to and informative as to what was needed to be successful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Services Representative () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pompano Beach, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

There was an in person meeting at a on campus career fair followed by a meeting with the agent in charge of the office. Both processes were kept short. The interview with the agent in charge of the office was extremely brief because he produced (I believe he did quite well). Overall the interview was exceptionally simple. They may have wanted people more than people may have wanted them. Commission only, just like the regular agents.

Interview Questions

• What is your response to how most people view the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Conway, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

I went in for my initial interview and spent most of my time just getting to know the interviewer. For the most part he just went over the structure of the company and how he came to work for them. He showed me how rep's get paid and we spoke in length about how profitable this industry can be. After that, I was called back for a second interview. It was then that I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Philadelphia, PA) in May 2014.

Interview

Very straight-forward and easy, phone interview then wen to the office where they give you fact finding worksheets to see if you are comfortable with talking to different people. Last was an interview with the managing partner of the branch you were applying for. Very easy and not stressful at all.

Information Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

It was with two people and it was more them talking AT me rather than a two way conversation. They didnt ask me any real questions and both seemed too busy to be bothered with the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Overall it was a very simple interview and questions were also easy. First contacted by email through resume posted on Monster, then had a phone conversation, followed by in-person meeting. Very quick interview process. Expected questions about yourself, experience, professional goals. It was a completely commission based role.

Interview Questions

• What are your professional goals? What are you expecting out of this role?   Answer Question

It was a commission based salary role. I was looking for a more full-time, regular salaried job. Hence declined