MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Peoria, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first interview was just about the company and the financial advisor role. The second got into the role a bit more, and there were some basic interview questions. The last interview went over compensation.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to demonstrate leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was easy but very long. 3 interviews total plus a phone one. It was a long interview. And got an offer on the third interview. And then went through a background check.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

3 on campus interviews with a friendly recruiter. All interviews seemed to sell the company and make sure the candidate knew exactly what they were getting into by letting the high turn over be known.

Interview Questions

A better opportunity arose elsewhere. The insurance/investment sector is not for me. Had multiple experts opinions on the position and they didn't agree with the p 200 assignment. The company has nothing to lose doing it that way and gains potential customers to solicite.

Visual Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

After an initial telephone screening, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. I had initially asked that they be considerate and try to schedule as many members of the team as possible as it is a TWO HOUR drive each way for me. When they emailed me the itinerary consisting of ONE 30 minute meeting with ONE person, I suspected something was wrong. I arrived there on time, and the person I was to meet with kept me waiting 10 minutes (this bothered me because it left only 20 minutes for the interview, not sufficient time for a meaningful interview that would include reviewing my portfolio). The meeting began where he briefly explained that they have mostly print designers and are looking to hire someone to bridge the gap between digital and print. Well, I have 17 years of solid design experience spanning both digital and print, so I should be the perfect candidate here, and I proceeded to pull out my laptop and point out many samples of my work that were designed for both print and digital. He himself didn’t bring anything to the interview (samples, tablet, etc.), didn’t ask any serious questions, and really didn’t appear interested in talking to me at all. As I reviewed my work, I learned he hadn’t looked at my video library because he never noticed the link which is on both my resume and my website. When I asked if the person I had the phone screening with had forwarded him the follow-up email I had sent with samples, he couldn’t even remember. At the end of the meeting he made it a point to tell me they received a huge amount of resumes, which I interpreted as his way of telling me don’t expect to hear from them again. Sure enough, the person who conducted the phone screening called me a few days later to tell me the team (even though I had not met with a team) are going with a few other candidates who have “better change management experience.” I have no clue what on earth this means, and am going to conclude that either this job was fake and they were “tire kicking,” or the person I met with lost interest in me when he saw how old I was via my LinkedIn profile and couldn’t think of a way to back out of the interview. I really wish they *had* found an excuse to cancel this interview, as I don’t appreciate losing so much time, money (fuel/tolls) and effort for nothing. It continues to astonish me just how inconsiderate and unprofessional companies are towards job candidates these days.

Assistant Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Amherst, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

The hiring process went on for a month. I applied through my career fair contact around December 10th and the interview was set up by December 22nd. They initially explained about the kinds of problems they were facing and wanted me to propose software solutions for that. ie., They interviewed me specifically to solve a particular problem that they were facing in the company, ie., They specified a bunch of other constraints over the mail (nature of data, progress made, expectation from the tool ) . The interview lasted for 40 minutes, they took the first few minutes to explain more about the company.
    They took 21 days or so to respond. [perhaps the holiday slowed them down]

Interview Questions

• Architect a search engine to collect and process employee's 'on the job' knowledge.   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual in December 2015.

Interview

It was over the phone. I was asked to tell what I knew about the company and what basically the job was about. After the interviewer went over my resume and asked me few questions.

Anonymous Employee in Charleston, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Charleston, SC) in December 2015.

Interview

The process took only a few weeks. I had three interviews with them all of them with positive interactions. They require an initial personality test to see if you would be a good fit, but other than that it was quite simple.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Get a call from recruiting, asked to come in for an interview. First interview asks about your resume for around 20 mins, then move on to basic questions about personalities and goals, then moves on to telling you about the structure of the job (salary, time frame, success stories, etc), then they will provide you a survey to fill regarding your personality. Second interview, given you pass the personality test online, will be about what you'll need to get in a set amount of time to continue (in this case, the insurance license). Then he'll ask if you have any questions.
    The interviewer, Destefano, was amazing. Great guy, really enthusiastic, and is simply a man you do not want to disappoint, because he just exerts positive energy.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

2 rounds: single interview, followed by on-site interview with about 7 actuarial employees of various levels. Primarily behavioral questions, though some slightly technical ones. Everyone was very friendly. There are some members of the selection committee who are really strict on traditional criteria (GPA, exams passed), so be warned you may run into one of them.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a mutual and public company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Irvine, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. it was really informal and the objective is to connect. the next step was scheduling an in-person interview. the in-person interview was with a recruiter who was jovial and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• What is making you leave your current employer?
      What licenses do you have?
      Answer Question