MassMutual Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 26, 2017

2.5

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Two Interviews, one with recruiter and one with general agent. Very casual setting with pretty general questions regarding background and history. The recruiter was extremely helpful and willing to help with the process and meeting goals and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term goals   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

It was a very unpleasant interview. I felt disrespected. I was not even given time to respond to most questions. I would never consider working for them. The man I talked to at the career fair seemed very nice and I thought i had a good chance at landing the internship, but I was wrong. The interviewer was mean.

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals   1 Answer

Client Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in January 2016.

Interview

From application to offer letter, the process took approximately 6 weeks. Initially a phone interview of approximately 20 minutes was conducted followed by an invitation to the office in North Phoenix to complete electronic assessments (personality and customer service capabilities) with a final interview approx 3 weeks afterwards. The final interview was 2:1 environment, friendly and very much focused on their need for customer-centric associates and your ability to deliver this level of service. I found the whole process to be easy, straightforward and everyone from recruiter to hiring manager were very upfront and answered questions directly. Love the professionalism and am happy to be a part of the team!

Interview Questions

• How have you handled or responded to a difficult associate/co-worker?   Answer Question

Phoenix, AZ Interview

Application

Interview

I applied thru Indeed.com and received a call from a recruiter a few days later. The initial phone interview lasted about 30 minutes and was very informative. I was scheduled to take the assessments for math, customer service and personality questions. Several days later I received a call that I had passed the exams and was scheduled for an in person interview with a manager. She was very polite and the interview went very smoothly. The entire process took over a month, however this was over the holiday season.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in January 2016.

Interview

Had 3 interviews. First was regular, basic questions to get an idea of your personality. Second was a small overview of how the internship will be and given a small assignment then the last you're given more info and a possible offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe your sales experience   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Albany, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

A series of one on one meetings followed by a group interview and online personality test. Part of the interview process is to put together your list of people you're going to call when you start. The interview process is not very hard - they don't rule out too many candidates as long as you can pass the background check.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this job?
      What are your goals?
      Why have you not been as successful as you wanted in past positions?
      1 Answer

Negotiation

I successfully negotiated a draw against commission arrangement but wish I had not done this.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, apply on line , answer a bunch of questions on my academic and work and salary history, followed by phone screen, then interview with multiple people at the head quarters. The people you meet seem reasonable, no trick questions, not stressful. Interview process was ok all in all. Recruiters were professional and were able to answer my questions about the company and its culture.

Interview Questions

• prior experience, what are your strengths & weaknesses   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Peoria, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

There were three interviews. The first interview was just about the company and the financial advisor role. The second got into the role a bit more, and there were some basic interview questions. The last interview went over compensation.

Interview Questions

• What was a time where you had to demonstrate leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

It was easy but very long. 3 interviews total plus a phone one. It was a long interview. And got an offer on the third interview. And then went through a background check.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Silly questions about network , hobbies. Then a slab of port work between digital and hard copy. New girl was confused and dud not promptly return calls ASAP.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your failures.   1 Answer