MassMutual Interview Questions in Springfield, MA | Glassdoor

2.7

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Director, Call Center Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in September 2017.

Interview

I had three phone and two in person interviews. They were behavioral style and general questions. I also completed a Director's assessment on-line. The employees conducting the interviews have been both professional and friendly.

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

First was a phone interview where they asked basic interview questions. Then a week later I was asked to come in for a two 30min in person interviews. The first was a panel of 4 people who had the title as the job I was applying for. The second interview was with 3 managers. A week later I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• tell us about yourself?   Answer Question
    • describe a time you failed and how you managed to deal with that?   Answer Question
    • describe a time when two members of your team did not get along and how you dealt with it   Answer Question
    • describe a time when there was a procedure at work that you didn't like and how you offered a change to the system   Answer Question
    • what do you know about the company   Answer Question

Multiple Positions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

There have been several instances where I have gone for a personal interview, and an instance where I applied for Call Center position. The recruiting office is a separate company that does the hiring for Mass Mutual. It is usually a recruiter emailing or calling you to set up a day and time to meet with the hiring manager for the department you applied for. I have met with a few hiring managers that SEEM friendly, but also make the interview process intimidating. I don't understand how Mass Mutual can be a company that wants you to excel but doesn't give people to opportunity to show what they are worth. Mass Mutual makes you feel very discouraged in the job seeking process. You don't feel qualified for much after your interview, and the emails they send out "although your resume is impressive we have chosen a candidate that better suits the position" What did I do wrong in the interview? Did I not answer their questions the way they wanted?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle stress and deadlines on a time crunch?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle constructive criticism?   1 Answer

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got emailed for a phone screening. The recruiter was almost an hour late for the phone screening. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager. It lasted almost an hour, and then the manager had two staff members from the department come down which lasted another hour. The overall feeling was very stiff and unorganized. It was mostly the manager bragging about how great the team is. It seemed like the manager was attempting to intimidate me.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in November 2016.

Interview

First I had a phone interview. then I was invited for an on site interview. During the on site interview, I talked to three different people. they were very friendly and made it seem casual. I was shown around the company building as well, and reimbursed for travel.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I Filled out paper application and paperwork in office. Met with office assistant to pre screen me. She documented my answers and we chatted about experience etc...She said she would call me if something came up.

Interview Questions

• duties rom past job, challenges and how you dealt with them   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Three interviews: First with manager, second with employees of the same department, third with HR - Excellent process. It goes very quickly, computer is built when you begin, access to different apps can take some time. Use this time wisely to learn the proprietary apps available to you.

Interview Questions

• How adaptable are you to different levels of stress?   1 Answer

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, apply on line , answer a bunch of questions on my academic and work and salary history, followed by phone screen, then interview with multiple people at the head quarters. The people you meet seem reasonable, no trick questions, not stressful. Interview process was ok all in all. Recruiters were professional and were able to answer my questions about the company and its culture.

Interview Questions

• prior experience, what are your strengths & weaknesses   1 Answer