MassMutual Interview Questions in Springfield, MA | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.6

Operations Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in April 2017.

Interview

The one interview that mattered was with the Director. Right off the bat she was inappropriately dressed. Also, I was never really asked any intelligent questions. I don't know how she is director.

Interview Questions

• Do you know so and so? Do you know this other person?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? Twice asked   1 Answer
    • Do you know the person who was in this role before? He worked at your company.   1 Answer
    • I will have some pricing positions available soon because some other people are leaving. Would this interest you if this current position doesn't work out?   1 Answer

Operations Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online, a few days later got emailed for a phone screening. The recruiter was almost an hour late for the phone screening. I then had an in person interview with the hiring manager. It lasted almost an hour, and then the manager had two staff members from the department come down which lasted another hour. The overall feeling was very stiff and unorganized. It was mostly the manager bragging about how great the team is. It seemed like the manager was attempting to intimidate me.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to leave emotions at home? This is an emotionless position.   Answer Question

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

I Filled out paper application and paperwork in office. Met with office assistant to pre screen me. She documented my answers and we chatted about experience etc...She said she would call me if something came up.

Interview Questions

• duties rom past job, challenges and how you dealt with them   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Received call from HR to discuss the position. Interview went well from start to finish and the interviewer was very friendly. They gave an excellent opportunity to discuss skills and knowledge regarding the opening which was very helpful.

Internal Wholesaler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in January 2016.

Interview

Straight forward, apply on line , answer a bunch of questions on my academic and work and salary history, followed by phone screen, then interview with multiple people at the head quarters. The people you meet seem reasonable, no trick questions, not stressful. Interview process was ok all in all. Recruiters were professional and were able to answer my questions about the company and its culture.

Interview Questions

• prior experience, what are your strengths & weaknesses   1 Answer

Visual Media Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in December 2015.

Interview

After an initial telephone screening, I was scheduled for an in-person interview. I had initially asked that they be considerate and try to schedule as many members of the team as possible as it is a TWO HOUR drive each way for me. When they emailed me the itinerary consisting of ONE 30 minute meeting with ONE person, I suspected something was wrong. I arrived there on time, and the person I was to meet with kept me waiting 10 minutes (this bothered me because it left only 20 minutes for the interview, not sufficient time for a meaningful interview that would include reviewing my portfolio). The meeting began where he briefly explained that they have mostly print designers and are looking to hire someone to bridge the gap between digital and print. Well, I have 17 years of solid design experience spanning both digital and print, so I should be the perfect candidate here, and I proceeded to pull out my laptop and point out many samples of my work that were designed for both print and digital. He himself didn’t bring anything to the interview (samples, tablet, etc.), didn’t ask any serious questions, and really didn’t appear interested in talking to me at all. As I reviewed my work, I learned he hadn’t looked at my video library because he never noticed the link which is on both my resume and my website. When I asked if the person I had the phone screening with had forwarded him the follow-up email I had sent with samples, he couldn’t even remember. At the end of the meeting he made it a point to tell me they received a huge amount of resumes, which I interpreted as his way of telling me don’t expect to hear from them again. Sure enough, the person who conducted the phone screening called me a few days later to tell me the team (even though I had not met with a team) are going with a few other candidates who have “better change management experience.” I have no clue what on earth this means, and am going to conclude that either this job was fake and they were “tire kicking,” or the person I met with lost interest in me when he saw how old I was via my LinkedIn profile and couldn’t think of a way to back out of the interview. I really wish they *had* found an excuse to cancel this interview, as I don’t appreciate losing so much time, money (fuel/tolls) and effort for nothing. It continues to astonish me just how inconsiderate and unprofessional companies are towards job candidates these days.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

2 rounds: single interview, followed by on-site interview with about 7 actuarial employees of various levels. Primarily behavioral questions, though some slightly technical ones. Everyone was very friendly. There are some members of the selection committee who are really strict on traditional criteria (GPA, exams passed), so be warned you may run into one of them.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between a mutual and public company?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in November 2015.

Interview

I interviewed through the phone in the first two rounds (with both calls coming in late) and I was subsequently asked about 5 weeks later to come in on-site to Massachusetts (Springfield office). Everyone was very friendly and I interviewed with about 4 different actuaries and was taken to lunch by two actuaries. There weren't many hard questions, and I wasn't overly impressed by the idea of "Career ASAs"

Interview Questions

Other offers were more competitive

Information Risk Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

It was with two people and it was more them talking AT me rather than a two way conversation. They didnt ask me any real questions and both seemed too busy to be bothered with the process.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process takes about two weeks. The first interview is on campus and followed by on-site interview very quickly. You are going to get your feedback in about a week.