Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 19, 2017

2.5

Study Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Relatively easy interview. Questions were to the point rather than asking me to give long answers. It was almost as if the interviewer was trying to sell me on the job position given my resume experience/educational background. We probably spoke more about the job and what they have done/what they want to do more than my prior experience.

Registered Nurse Out-pt Pre/Post-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview was great. It was with the Manager and Assistant Manager then I was invited to interview with two staff members. All systems were a "go" and it would have been a perfect fit.But I NEVER heard back from anyone. I called to follow-up and spoke to the Asst. Manager who said I would here from the Manager. I never heard from her nor from HR. In the past couple of years I have interviewed with MEEI before. I have NEVER heard back from anyone although I am a nurse of 35 years have my BSN, speak Spanish, and have excellent clinical skills and background with certifications including ACLS, PALS, TNCC, and IV Therapy. It is their loss and they are very disappointing as a potential employer. Shame on you MEEI.

Interview Questions

• Standard Questions pertaining to my 35 year nursing career.   1 Answer

Ophthalmic Photographer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA).

Interview

The hiring process I experienced with Mass. Eye & Ear was unprofessional in my opinion. I received an offer, which was revoked after I tried to negotiate higher pay. They redefined the scope of the position. The conclusion I draw from this experience is that there is poor communication between managers and human resources. Please reference "negotiation" section below for more details.

Interview Questions

• Questions were typical in nature about past and current experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The hiring manager offered the position via email and then referred me to human resources to discuss salary. Human resources treated me as if I was not offered the position. When I asked, they advised a hiring manager is not allowed to extend offer of employment only human resources is. However, they reviewed the candidates and they did want to offer me the position. I asked about pay and benefits and stated my case for receiving higher wage. This was escalated to the manager’s manager. I then received a call advising the offer was no longer extended. It turns out they redefined the scope of the position and decided they wanted someone with years of experience. If this is the case, the company should meet and define who exactly they want before posting and extending offers. When I met with the hiring manager and the entire staff in the department, it was clear the scope of the position was to hire someone with my type of experience and then train me in the areas that were new to me. Overall, this was a very negative experience.

Medical Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary.

Interview

I applied online and got an email suggesting I more than fit the role. I had an interview with my employer but it seemed like they already wanted to get me into the position! Barely asked me any difficult questions, it seemed they knew they wanted me. So they showed me around the facility. It was a good ole time =]

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call from a recruiter; I had an in-person interview with two would be supervisors; a recruiter requested references via email; I was offered and accepted the job

PATIENT STUDY COORDINATOR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

I received a call from the Manager asking me to discuss my previous employment, experience and interest in the position. Then we set up a time for me to come into the office. My interview was very disorganized. The manager seemed like they did not know what to ask or how to conduct an interview. It was in a messy office, very distracting and unclear.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in this position?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA) in September 2013.

Interview

Nurse manager was great very personable, she was specific with expectations and job description. Human Resources asked scripted general questions; did not apply to position for which I was applying.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary in September 2013.

Interview

Very Professional. Mostly about previous lab experience. The interview difficulty level was average. I applied online for the job application. The process was 2 step, phone screen followed by an in person interview.

Staff RN Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

When I arrived to the hospital, I got a little lost finding my way to where the interview was taking place. Everyone was eager to help me find my way. The hiring manager was kind and thorough. I was put at ease and was allowed to ask any questions. I was called and given an offer a few days later. I was allowed to think about it and called to accept it the next day

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Thorough and standard interview. Asked questions about past experience and where I plan on being in the future. Was interviewed by two managers, at first it was frightening, then becaume more relaxed. They were laid back but concise. Made the interview go quick and calm.

Interview Questions

• What I can offer as a cook?   1 Answer