Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions in Boston, MA | Glassdoor

Massachusetts General Hospital Interview Questions in Boston, MA

Updated Jun 14, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2017.

Interview

I received an email about a good time to do a phone screen. During the screen I was asked basic questions about my experience, what I'm hoping to end up doing, and just general information about this particular lab. After the phone screen, I ended up interviewing with 4 people in the lab. It was very laid back and low pressure. A couple of weeks later I received an email about discussing logistics and received an offer that was too low for me to accept ($16/hour), unfortunately. It's hard to justify making a starting teacher's salary after earning a Master's degree in science. The overall interview itself was very casual and felt a lot more like a conversation.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

There was a phone interview followed by an in person interview with two principle investigators and a division manager. They asked questions about my background in the field and my future aspirations.

Interview Questions

• What are you long term goals?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA).

Interview

Received a call and voicemail asking me to call back to schedule an in person meeting. Called back and we agreed on a time and I was given instructions on where to go. Interview went well, was asked by research study head about my experiences on my resume and why I am interested in the job

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was called and notified I was given the position after the PI had contacted my references. I was told the salary (wasn't negotiable) and the start date.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I first applied online, and then I got an email about a phone call with one of the senior coordinators, then later got another email about scheduling an interview with them in Boston.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I had a short phone interview and was asked to come into the office. The first interviewer I spoke with was very friendly and asked me a few basic interview questions, and gave me a detailed job description. Then I spoke to the associate program director and she immediately asked me to describe everything that the previous interviewer told me about the job. I did not get the position—my tip would be to take short notes during the interview, which I did not. Both interviewers wanted to know my weaknesses, and this question seemed very important to them.

Grants Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

i applied online and the recruiter contacted me for phone screen. The interview went well and we did discuss about salary. The interview was about my career experience, and why do i think i am qualified and why am I interested in the position.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

I had brief interview with the HR recruiter, which went very smoothly. Few minutes later, I received a call from the hiring manager, requesting in person meeting. Everyone in the office was professional, and respectful. The meeting took about 45min, it was mainly a discussion format. I learned lot about the organization, and they lean a lot about me.

Interview Questions

• - Do you have any questions about the job description?
      - What is your day like at your current job?
      - Why are you leaving?
      - Who do you report to at your current job?
      - How do you learn?
      - What is your time-frame?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online after emailing the PI. Came in to meet him + the other researchers in their office at MGH. Was very helpful that I had read the entirety of their publications ahead of time. Would recommend doing so to anyone who is interested in a research role. The two most important qualities they were looking for were being 1) personable and 2) detail-oriented.

Data Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

One day, 5 interviewers, follow up with HR for salary negotiations, 1.5 day orientation. skills test, background check, no drug test. Generally cordial, took 4 hours, was on schedule. Inerview on location, one interview with remote employee via Skype

Interview Questions

• Database Development Skills, Prior Exposure to Health Care   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2016.

Interview

Submitted application on MGH career site, received request for phone interview a few days later, a few days after phone interview, was contacted and asked to come to Boston for an in person interview with the team. Met with four different individuals who were all part of the team over 1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• What is a mistake you have made in your professional life?   Answer Question