Massachusetts General Hospital Research Technician I Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Massachusetts General Hospital Research Technician I Interview Questions

2.2

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Research Technician I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital.

Interview

Email followed by phone call. Came in for interview to the lab. Discussed skills and fit for role. It was a pretty straight forward process. I am sure it is different for every lab. Salary and terms laid out. Got job on same day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Massachusetts General Hospital

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interviews were individual in a round robin form with some of the PIs and research fellows. There were 6 candidates. First part was a tour of the lab facilities, then interviews then finally all 6 candidates met with the head of the lab and listened to him speak. Was asked for references, but did not recieve an offer.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

Light, informal interview directly with PI, did not have to interview with any HR personnel. The interviewers were scientists and physicians who had obviously interviewed techs and post docs previously, but, having interviewed with professional hiring managers and other HR people for other positions, this was relatively low pressure and actually quite pleasant. They mostly want to get to know you and talk shop about experiences and goals.

Interview Questions

• Describe a research experience where you solved a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (South Boston, MA) in January 2012.

Interview

tough. You have to prepare

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in July 2010.

Interview

The process was fairly straight forward. Emailed letter of interest and updated resume. Then phone phone interview and 1 to 1 interview in person. It may have helped that a current research person referred me for the position.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about my experience and interest in the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not seem room to negotiate given the position was financed by a limited grant.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massachusetts General Hospital (Boston, MA) in December 2009.

Interview

Very low stress interview. It doesn't matter how well you can do your job, they mainly looks for individuals who will be their friends.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was nonnegotiable