Massage Envy Licensed Massage Therapist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 17, 2017

2.0

87 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

Basic Interview processes with employment review, skills review, preferences, and giving the owner, and the manager a message. The problem I had was I needed a background check from my city (which they have nothing to do with) and from them (which seems crazy bc my license also requires one) and had to get a permit all this took forever and was unpaid time.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Massage Envy

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

The interview was around 30 minutes. I could tell the spa manager wanted to get a sense of who I was, my personality, and why I entered the field of massage. Aside from that just some general questions about where I see myself in the near future, favorite modalities/modalities I practice, desired schedule, how I feel after giving a few massages (to gauge how many clients I can have before needing a break, but that is always negotiable day-to-day).

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to enter into the massage industry and study massage therapy?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Rapids, IA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Cedar Rapids, IA).

Interview

There was a meeting with the manager. Performed a massage practical on the manager. They made me an offer at the end of the meeting. Not very detailed at all.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

I transferred from another clinic, I just had to do practicals so the front desk associates would know how to book me correctly. I started working on clients the same day I was hired

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Lubbock, TX).

Interview

Once I was connected with a manager the process was very fast and productive. My initial interview was with the clinic administrator at which time I also performed a 50 minute practical,and once approval was received I performed another 50 minute practical on the Lead massage therapist.

Interview Questions

• Length and type of experience   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Canton, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Canton, CT).

Interview

In person verbal interview along with a hands on practical. I met with the Manager and she asked a series of questions about my skills and I filled out an application. I was then asked to to do a hands on massage to see if I was qualified.

Interview Questions

• When did you graduate? How long have you been working? Where did you work? What types of massage do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Honolulu, HI).

Interview

Had a verbal initial interview with one of the owners then had to do an hour-long massage on the other owner. The verbal interview was very casual and was excellent insight to the type of people that owned the franchise. They both made me feel comfortable. It wasn't so much a Q&A interview more than it was an opportunity for me to ask questions about the company while we engaged in conversation for them to learn about my massage background and my reasons for getting in to the field.

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to get into massage?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I briefly spoke to the owner over the phone, then had a one on one interview that lasted approximately 1.5 hours. After the interview, I gave a one hour practical to another employed Massage Therapist. I was offered the job within the next few days and accepted.

Interview Questions

• How would I describe my pressure on a scale of one to ten, one being the lightest and ten being the deepest pressure possible?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Cumming, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Cumming, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy. Applied online. Was called for an interview. Meet with the manager, completed a practical massage. They interviewed me, I interviewed them. We discussed my availability & what they needed. I started training the following week.

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Louisville, KY).

Interview

It has changed a lot since I interviewed over 9 years ago. The process requires an interview and "hands on" interview to evaluate massage technique. I met both owners and performed a massage on 1 of them.

Interview Questions

• Why did I seek out Massage Envy?   1 Answer