Massage Envy Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.1

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Sonoma, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Sonoma, CA).

Interview

I met with a manager who hired me on the spot. He eventually quit the company 2 months later. It was very informal and the managers had very little professional experience.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Massage Envy

Anonymous Employee in Eau Claire, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Eau Claire, WI) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online, and within two weeks I received a call from the manager asking me to come in for a formal interview. The interview went great! I was interviewed by two managers at the same time and they were very professional and kind. After the interview, one of the managers asked if I would like a tour of the facilities.

Interview Questions

• In one word, how would your friends describe you?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to sell products and communicate with people easily?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massage Envy in April 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website. Received a call to come in within two weeks. A lot of random personality questions, not a lot of skill based questions. It was interesting.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Sacramento, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I submitted an application online with a resume, answering questions and a cover letter. I received a confirmation email shortly after. One week later I had an interview scheduled and two weeks later I was hired.

This interview was a two-step interview process. Not every store does this but one of the managers explained that they do it this way so that the general manager does the first step and the second step is done by the store manager so they can meet the candidate before hire and establish some report.

The first interview with the general manager was a panel interview with three of us. We were asked a series of questions about how we conduct ourselves in the work environment and the interview lasted less than an hour.

The second interview was one on one with the store manager and they asked about 10 questions and we also carried on with some chit chat about common interests. The interview was relaxing and fun.

Interview Questions

• 1.) List 3 adjectives to describe yourself.
      2.) Please tell me about a positive sales experience.
      3.) Please tell me about a negative sales experience.
      4.) What was your favorite job and why?
      5.) What do you think you have to offer our team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Columbus, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

Responded to ad on Indeed and got a call within 20 mins. I had a phone interview and than a in person with manager and director. Filled out app insight. Wasn't impressed with process. The manager looked like she just rolled out of bed and threw clothes on. She also "corrected" associate on sales floor in front of customers and me. He looked embarrassed.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Massage Envy.

Interview

There was only one in-person interview. The interview was with the store manager. She was very unprofessional, which made it an easier interview. Once we finished the interview she offered me the job.

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time you failed" type questions. "tell me a time when you were a team player"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Baton Rouge, LA) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and they called me within a few days. I went to the interview which was very short and felt slightly rushed. The owner of the actually store was sitting in on the interview so pressure was definitely on.

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Tyler, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy. I applied early june but didnt hear anything back so I called 06/28 and immediately got an interview for 06/30. He was late I was scheduled for 1:00 didnt get the interview until 1:30ish and was done at 2:00. Super friendly. Told me the job was mainly sales and reception and cleaning was part of the job.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you?
      What is your customer experience philosophy?
      .The Hiring manager just asked have I ever got a massage and have I tried any of the products.
      He basically read what was on the paper   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milpitas, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Milpitas, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Sent in my resume in view their website and received a call rather quickly about the position. Set up interview and meet with the manager and owner. Was short for the most part, longest portion was filling out a paper application prior to going in for the face to face interview. Once the interview started there were a few questions regarding experience and availability. And that was it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Massage Envy (Saint Louis, MO) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview process was extremely positive! I first sat in the lobby to fill out general paperwork. Once that was finished I was directed to the back room where my interviewer was extremely positive the entire time. She was mainly concerned on how I dealt with a difficult customer in my experience in sales. Overall the experience was great.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience in sales and answering the phone?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer   Answer Question