Mastech Digital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastech Digital Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.9

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2012.

Interview

Phone screen- Aptitude test - psychological test - In person interview - final interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Multiple level of interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastech Digital.

Interview

My Interview process was totally based out of client's interview. I was selected into their payroll as soon I cleared an interview at client position. At Mastech I really did not had any interview. I did had an orientation at Mastech that is just an overview of their process and is a one way communication of their process and not an interactive one I should say.

Negotiation

It was a matching of another offer that I got locally. There was back and forth of two days of communication and approval, but was smooth overall.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastech Digital.

Interview

Behavioral type questions and I was interviewed by 2 people

Junior Recruiter Interview

Interview

Initial Telephonic interview followed by face to face rounds.
    1st round: Technical procedures about the IT industry, basics of information technology. Process of cold calls and differentiating the actual from the fake
    2nd round: HR round. Basic checks and why you need the job. What are your future plans and how will you add to the company. Nothing over the top

Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Fort Worth, TX).

Interview

asked about construction experience, and when i could start.

Negotiation

no negotiation.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastech Digital in March 2015.

Interview

The oddest and most negative experience I have ever had.

Recruiter had a very “Stalinist” approach. I felt I was being interrogated by a KGB agent. The only elements missing was the subzero windowless room & the interrogation lamp. Recruiter was unprepared, disorganized, Rude, Aggressive with a relentless "In Your Face" demeanor (i.e. demonstrated confrontational behavior the entire time). Lacked professional courtesy and showed no cross culture communications skills what so ever. Incapable of processing any response that required more than minimal effort. Operated on a rudimentary "Red Peg, Red Hole" mentality.

My take-away & impression from this experience was that working at this company would equate to a boiler room/sweat shop environment that operates on a lowest bidder mentality at the cost of it's front line employees. Nothing good could have come of it; the entire process was a waste of time. Will avoid applying to any opening listed by them. I like to believe that this incident was the exception to the case but my instinct tells me it’s the norm and that recruiter was simply following company protocols. IMHO I suspect that management abides to a strictly profit driven mentality with a high employee burnout rate.

Advice to Management: Take this review seriously & as unbiased critique. Suggest conducting internal review/assessment on how this recruiter treats/screen YOUR applicants...

Interview Questions

• Items that where readily listed on your CV if he had actually done his job.   Answer Question

Sales Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastech Digital.

Interview

The Senior Corporate Recruiter reached out to me and asked when I would be available to have a phone conversation. A time if 3:30pm the following day was scheduled. At 3:10pm on the day of the phone call, I received an email from the same individual telling me he would like to cancel our call due to their "Predictive Index" coming back stating I wouldn't be a good match or enjoy the position.

So, when did companies start using a list of adjectives to make employment decisions (which is what the questionnaire consisted of, from which you selected the ones that described yourself)? And why did THEY get to decide what jobs I enjoy? Also, what was it about the descriptive words of "ambitious" and "go-getter" that deterred them from simply having a phone conversation with me?

Mastech, next time you unprofessionally blow off a interviewee, please give more than 20 minutes notice. This ruined my day.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available to talk on the phone?   1 Answer

Senior Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Bloomington, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Went smooth, focused on technical aspects and experience mentioned on Resume.

Interview Questions

• Explain the SOA architecture for your project.   1 Answer
    • What design patterns I used and why?   1 Answer

Good

Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastech Digital (Fremont, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

Typical phone interview.