MasterCard Foundation Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 11 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at MasterCard Foundation

MasterCard Foundation

Application

I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation

Interview

The Head of Compliance Africa job was advertised twice but the organization eventually picked an insider who was not qualified at all. why advertise a role with the full knowledge you will pick an unqualified insider? Why waste people's time??

Interview Questions
  • nothing to report here at the moment
    1 Answer

MasterCard Foundation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation

Interview

I had a very pleasant and professional initial interview with an HR person at the headquarters in Toronto. Interviewer offered helpful feedback even though I wasn't a fit for the position. The process to hear back took quite some time (over a month) because the hiring process was happening over the holidays.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about the Mastercard Foundation?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Nairobi) in Sep 2020

Interview

It was really good. The panelist were very professional, punctual and friendly. They did not make me feel bad for not getting some questions right and they guided my thoughts.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lagos

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Lagos) in Apr 2020

Interview

I applied online and spoke to a recruiter within 3 weeks. The interview was limited to generic questions and running through my work history, unlike other recruiter interviews I've had. Communication was great, fast, and professional.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MasterCard Foundation

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation in Mar 2019

Interview

A call was scheduled, where the HR person took me through CV based questions. The HR person was polite, but it felt like a preliminary interview to which i hadnt expected it to be.

Interview Questions
  • Number of years relevant experience

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Toronto, ON) in Jul 2018

Interview

A screening phone interview, followed by phone interview from the direct manager manager and a video call after that. It was an intern position so it's not too in depth, but expect a few chats and the process to take a few weeks. I should mention I was in a different city and I had I been in the same city it is likely they would have suggested an in-person interview as well. Video call was the replacement for that.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Was done by a recruitment firm that was outsourced to fill this leadership team role. I had a phone interview with an associate from the recruiter firm, who did not speak to me about the content of the role itself, the specialty of communications, or about the work and impact of the foundation. Definitely was focused on ticking certain boxes including salary expectations, number of previous direct reports, size of budget managed, etc. I had prepared extensively to talk about the work itself in the programs and what I would see as important to lead the communications. However the phone interview did not go into any depth beyond the 10 minute checking of those specific parameters that I had already answered in the application questions/form that had been required. I believe I did not meet certain ticked boxes so I did not proceed. Such a pity that they didn't ask deeper questions about my visions on management, communications, financial inclusion in Africa, or the trends in private foundations today or other deeper things to assess my quality and fit for the role.

Interview Questions
  • How many direct reports did you have? What size budget did you manage? What salary do you have now?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Telephone, TX) in Jul 2016

Interview

Telephone interview with one of the HR staff. Didn't really feel like I had any input into the interview. She explained the job, the process involved in filling the post. Asked me about my current job and that was about it. Was quite negative in selling the job to me.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Toronto, ON) in Mar 2015

Interview

I was headhunted. Then I met with the HR Manager and a number of staff and directors for three rounds of interview. I was headhunted. Then I met with the HR Manager and a number of staff and directors for three rounds of interview.

MasterCard Foundation

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation

Interview

First, I have got a reply from them for a face-to-face interview date after my initial application, and we agreed on the time and date. The interview was in their office. I was early that day, and initially I was a little bit nervous.However, other interns near the front lobby actually welcomed me to with their smiling face. I was taken to a small room with two interviewers, and one of them actually talked some initial introduction and interview process which helped me to open up and be bold about my ideas. The interview was about 45 minutes long, and we talked about many development, research and company issues. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Questions
  • Describe yourself, most common and anticipated question, but I am always uncomfortable about it.
2 people found this interview helpful