MasterCard Foundation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at MasterCard Foundation

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Telephone, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Telephone, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Telephone interview with one of the HR staff. Didn't really feel like I had any input into the interview. She explained the job, the process involved in filling the post. Asked me about my current job and that was about it. Was quite negative in selling the job to me.

Chief Communications Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Was done by a recruitment firm that was outsourced to fill this leadership team role. I had a phone interview with an associate from the recruiter firm, who did not speak to me about the content of the role itself, the specialty of communications, or about the work and impact of the foundation. Definitely was focused on ticking certain boxes including salary expectations, number of previous direct reports, size of budget managed, etc. I had prepared extensively to talk about the work itself in the programs and what I would see as important to lead the communications. However the phone interview did not go into any depth beyond the 10 minute checking of those specific parameters that I had already answered in the application questions/form that had been required. I believe I did not meet certain ticked boxes so I did not proceed. Such a pity that they didn't ask deeper questions about my visions on management, communications, financial inclusion in Africa, or the trends in private foundations today or other deeper things to assess my quality and fit for the role.

Interview Questions

• How many direct reports did you have? What size budget did you manage? What salary do you have now?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation.

Interview

First, I have got a reply from them for a face-to-face interview date after my initial application, and we agreed on the time and date. The interview was in their office. I was early that day, and initially I was a little bit nervous.However, other interns near the front lobby actually welcomed me to with their smiling face. I was taken to a small room with two interviewers, and one of them actually talked some initial introduction and interview process which helped me to open up and be bold about my ideas. The interview was about 45 minutes long, and we talked about many development, research and company issues. Overall, I enjoyed it a lot.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, most common and anticipated question, but I am always uncomfortable about it.   Answer Question

Learning Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation in March 2019.

Interview

A call was scheduled, where the HR person took me through CV based questions. The HR person was polite, but it felt like a preliminary interview to which i hadnt expected it to be.

Interview Questions

• Number of years relevant experience   1 Answer

Compliance Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was interviewed by a panel of 3 people. Crystal, Caroline, and the current co-op student. They asked me three questions:
    1. Tell me about yourself.
    2. What is your favourite subject?
    3. What is your least favourite subject?
    The interview not very professional and no other questions were asked.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favourite subject?   1 Answer

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterCard Foundation (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I was headhunted. Then I met with the HR Manager and a number of staff and directors for three rounds of interview. I was headhunted. Then I met with the HR Manager and a number of staff and directors for three rounds of interview.