MasterControl Enterprise Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MasterControl

1 Interview Review

Enterprise Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed fairly typical. I met with the company recruiter over the phone for about 30 minutes. The pay for this position was much lower than I had expected, and I was kind of surprised to get a call back for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with 3 managers who asked fairly typical questions - seemingly trying to gauge my fit with the company culture as well as to assess my technical capability. This took a little over an hour. After my interview with the 3 managers, I was asked to stay and speak with their boss. I had to wait for him for a bit, which was not a big deal. I met with him for about 30 minutes and he asked some very vague questions... I'm honestly not sure what answers he was looking for.

They were EXTREMELY slow in getting back to me. I waited almost 3 weeks before I got a negative response. Because the interview seemed to go so well, I was hesitant to call and follow-up. The first time that I called to find out where they were in the process and if I was still in the running, I had to leave a voice message, and no one called me back. I called back 5 days later and left another voice message. Amazingly, I received a rejection email 12 minutes after I left the voice message. Coincidence?? Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... this time.

I was pretty disappointed, and so I sent an email to the recruiter to ask if there was something specific that I could improve in my interviewing, or if there were any specific skills that I lacked for the position. Interestingly, the recruiter called me back within 20 minutes of me sending the email.... but then claimed that he hadn't received the email. (why did he call back if he hadn't received the email?) 2x coincidence?? The only thing that he could point out was that someone stated in the interview that my skills were not a match. FYI, I have over 25 years in IT experience. I asked each of the interviewers if they had any concerns about my ability to perform at this position. Each of them expressed that they had no concerns and thought that I would be able to do well at this position...

It was a disheartening experience.

Interview Questions