MasterControl Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MasterControl

2.6

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

GHOSTED

I had an initial phone interview and then was brought in for an in person interview with the team. The team was great and seemed liked smart, fun people to work with. I was told that they had a couple of other interviews to complete and that if I hadn't hear back in a week to follow up. I followed up, and 1 month later they still have not gotten back.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Standard process. Very professional. Did a phone interview and the recruiter was very professional. I was able to meet with some of their upper management/Executive team. From the interview I could tell that they valued their employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about MasterControl?   1 Answer

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midvale, UT

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MasterControl (Midvale, UT).

Interview

The recruiter missed our initial phone interview time. Our phone interview was scheduled for 3:30 and I didn’t hear from him Until 4. He then tried to reschedule for a time that clearly didn’t work for me. We finally got a time to work and at the end of the interview I asked when I would hear back from him. He said Monday (phone interview was Thursday) I never heard back from him Monday. In fact until this day, 3 weeks later still haven’t heard back from him.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job. So soon? What’s got you running out the door?   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

worked great, proactive, recruiter was efficient and worked quickly to communicate with me at different stages. flexible on timings. I enjoyed the interview and felt it was a great use of my time.

Marketing Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process was excellent as far as the interviewers went. They were very kind and supportive. I did feel a little left in the dark as far as the recruiters. It often took them a long time to get back to me, and once I accepted an offer I didn't hear from them for 2 weeks about starting date or any other details.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about how I felt my seeming lack of experience could benefit the company.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview process is long an thorough. Stating with a phone interview with HR, then an interview with the manager and possibly a 3rd interview with an executive. When I started there was also an interview with the CEO, but not sure that still happens.

Interview Questions

• They asked what I knew about the company.   1 Answer

Enterprise Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview process seemed fairly typical. I met with the company recruiter over the phone for about 30 minutes. The pay for this position was much lower than I had expected, and I was kind of surprised to get a call back for an in-person interview. The in-person interview was with 3 managers who asked fairly typical questions - seemingly trying to gauge my fit with the company culture as well as to assess my technical capability. This took a little over an hour. After my interview with the 3 managers, I was asked to stay and speak with their boss. I had to wait for him for a bit, which was not a big deal. I met with him for about 30 minutes and he asked some very vague questions... I'm honestly not sure what answers he was looking for.

They were EXTREMELY slow in getting back to me. I waited almost 3 weeks before I got a negative response. Because the interview seemed to go so well, I was hesitant to call and follow-up. The first time that I called to find out where they were in the process and if I was still in the running, I had to leave a voice message, and no one called me back. I called back 5 days later and left another voice message. Amazingly, I received a rejection email 12 minutes after I left the voice message. Coincidence?? Okay, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt... this time.

I was pretty disappointed, and so I sent an email to the recruiter to ask if there was something specific that I could improve in my interviewing, or if there were any specific skills that I lacked for the position. Interestingly, the recruiter called me back within 20 minutes of me sending the email.... but then claimed that he hadn't received the email. (why did he call back if he hadn't received the email?) 2x coincidence?? The only thing that he could point out was that someone stated in the interview that my skills were not a match. FYI, I have over 25 years in IT experience. I asked each of the interviewers if they had any concerns about my ability to perform at this position. Each of them expressed that they had no concerns and thought that I would be able to do well at this position...

It was a disheartening experience.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a very easy interview process. First we had a phone interview, then an in person interview where I spoke with my soon to be boss and HR. I then heard back within a week.

Interview Questions

• Asked for my last marketing project and what was learned/applied   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cottonwood Heights, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MasterControl (Cottonwood Heights, UT) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online.

Recruiter sent me an email asking to book time. A few days later I received the same email, and the recruiter said I had to rebook.

The recruiter then called me and interviewed at the first date and time, which was supposed to be unavailable. He went over the standard questions like why am I looking, what are my salary expectations, what are my job duties, etc. He told me this position is entry level and should have been labeled as such. Ended up being a waste of time because they misrepresented their job ad.

A few days later the same recruiter called me at the second booked time, when he already interviewed me. Seems like they don't have their process together.

Interview Questions

• What are you salary expectations?
      Why are you looking to leave?
      What marketing experience do you have?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MasterControl.

Interview

I got an interview from doing well on an assessment at one of their job fairs. It was a short interview (about an hour), I talked with two managers and a recruiter. No coding questions, very relaxed and friendly.