Mastercard Associate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY).

Interview

I found the job posting via career services at my school. Interviewed with 3 group heads. Mainly fit and each person described what their specific group does. I was asked mainly about my previous background and what my interests were. I was called a few days later by HR and asked which group I wanted to join, then I was given a formal offer to join the analyst program in the group of my choice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Went through university career center. Had first round at school and final round at the headquarters. It took a while to get back with the results for both rounds. Interview questions were mostly behavioral based.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral so they mostly want to hear about what skills you acquired in previous work experience and how those are applicable to the current position. They did ask 1-2 analytical questions (e.g. market sizing).

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard in September 2014.

Interview

Just apply online and list out your skills required for the job. If you could get an employee referred. That would give you a leg up for sure. You many also seek out local recruiting companies for help. They might have a one on one relationship with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, followed with an onsite Superday. Interviewed with the leaders of all their product divisions and an employee from HR. Standard behavioral interview (Why mastercard, walk me through your resume, etc) -- since the interview is not terribly analytical or case based, make sure you know your answers thoroughly and have a compelling pitch for you're a good fit for the position. Research the products beforehand, come in with knowledge of the payments industry, possible competitors, and your own ideas. One brief case study for their prepaid division. Overall, very painless if you're well prepared and know what you're doing.

Interview Questions

• Segment the market for people who are denied credit and propose a solution for engaging that customer base.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Contacted by hiring manager to apply on MasterCard website. After applying, an email was sent to schedule a phone interview. After phone interviews with recruiter, then met recruiter at the office. Final interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why MasterCard? Why the payments industry?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with two HR individuals at the school
    Contacted about in-person interviews in Purchase, NY
    Interviewed by 6 professionals, 30 minutes each, two different departments
    Offered a position two weeks later
    Accepted a month later

People from different departments have different personalities. Seemed like they are still using cubicles for lower level employees, but conference/group work rooms are in every section. Location of office was very nice. Saw employees going out during lunch time and running around the campus. Seems like a good work/life balance. Hesitant about promotion/advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How many women in the US smoke cigars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to ask lots of questions. Offer non-negotiable. Found that there are benefits and other information available off-line.

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Rome (Italy)) in February 2015.

Interview

1 step: Initial phone talking with the HR (motivational interview
    2. step: two case interviews with different line managers. They gave me different business cases
    3. Contract proposal

All the process took 3 weeks

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Great interview process, friendly recruiters. 3 interviews over the phone with HR people, a few online tests to understand your intelligence and personality and 2 in-person interviews with HR and hiring manager. Accepted a job offer after 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Read some papers on the payments industry + researched a lot about the company and CEO. Because of this I didn't face any difficult questions and everything went very smooth.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

Round 1 was Aptitude Test which was quite easy.
    This round was followed by 3 interviews. Some puzzles and case study questions were asked. Also some questions related to C++ were asked. Other questions were basic HR questions. After clearing these rounds, I got a call from Singapore for a telephonic round. It was a HR round. Questions about projects and internships were asked.

Interview Questions

• Place * queens on a chessboard in such a manner so that in their 1st move, no queen should cross another queen i.e, their should be no intersecting point of their path.   1 Answer