Mastercard Associate Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 16, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 23 of over 912 interviews

Employee Referral18%
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Arlington, VA) in Apr 2021

Interview

Quick phone screen and then a one-on-one video call with the hiring manager the following week. Actual interview "process" was easy but neither interviewer was particularly pleasant and I can't say I came away with an understanding of what the position actually entailed on a daily basis. Plus, I got ghosted on top of all of that. Seems like a good company but it was a frustrating experience to say the least. Do better.

Interview Questions
  • "What's your experience with business-to-business marketing?"
    Answer Question

Mastercard

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

After applying on the career website, I was contacted to take part in an interview with the HR, who then short-listed me to be interviewed by the manager of the role and then the team members.

Interview Questions
  • If your family and friends had to describe you in three words, what would they be?

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (New Delhi) in Dec 2019

Interview

Interview went really well.. Interviewer showed very positive response. I had 1 coding test followed by 3 round of interviews, 2 technical and 1 HR. Overall experience was very good.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Arlington, VA) in Jul 2019

Interview

My first phone interview was with a person at their Tuscany, NY office to have an introduction to the company and the position. Afterwards, the second interview was with a manager of the team for the position i was applying for in the DMV area. I got stood up for the scheduled phone interview by said manager, so I tried contacting their HR but got no reply. Then at 6 PM the manager who i was supposed to talk to called me while i was out running errands asking for my availability to reschedule the interview. However, after i told him when i would be available later that week, he decided to have the interview right then and there. I was completely unprepared for an impromptu interview after business hours and honestly could not perform at my best. Needless to say the interview was pretty bad. The next day their HR finally contacted me telling me they were all out of office that day, and that the manager decided to move on to another candidate. I was not truly able to showcase my capabilities as I was busy during that time and the manager gave me no warning or asked for him to conduct the interview. I thought i should provide this constructive criticism to say that it was not only unfair to me, but also very unprofessional. If this is how a manager acts for a phone interview, I can only imagine how the work life is for working for Mastercard.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Singapore) in Jun 2019

Interview

I had 2 face to face interviews within the same day, although most of the other graduate programme hires had some sort of assessment centre day instead. They told me that I would be having a case interview and a behavioral interview, but I ended up getting 2 largely behavioral interviews anyway.

Interview Questions
  • Mostly asked about my CV, skills, and behavioral questions

Anonymous Employee in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Singapore) in Dec 2018

Interview

It was very efficient and smooth with 2 stages. First was an assessment center, with group discussion and hr interview second is with the director of the group. It was a really interesting case study that triggers you to think critically and mathematically.

Interview Questions
  • group discussion on market strategy, competency and a case study

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota, Bogota

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Bogotá, Bogota, Bogota) in Nov 2018

Interview

I applied for MasterCard Advisors in BOGOTÁ, Colombia’a office. I knew about the open position from a friend who was working in MA. The process was very fast and consisted of 4 business cases about Market Sizing, Cost Reduction, Market penetration, and pricing. Cases were not related to the financial industry, they were about an Airline analyzing wether to open a new route, a pharmaceutical company entering a new market, and a plastics company analyzing wether to outsource its manufacturing. At the end there was a fifth interview with the head of HR mostly to get to know your motivations, team capabilities and leadership style. It is recommended to to several business case studies and read books like Case in point.

Interview Questions
  • - how would you make the analysis for a European pharmaceutical company to enter the Chinese market? - An airline company wants to analyze wether to open a new route between A and B, what would you look into it? - a US plastic manufacturing company wants to analyze wether to outsource its manufacturing in India on an EBITDA based analysis, what factors would you take into account? -How would you define your leadership style?
3 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 months. I interviewed at Mastercard in Nov 2018

Interview

Applied during my summer internship, waited 3 months and heard back from HR. Had an initial 30 minute conversation with the manager. I then waited another month before a final round with the manager and two other department members. Upon not receiving the offer, I reached out for feedback and they were very cordial in explaining why I didn't get the position. Overall a decent process but very long and seemingly unorganized.

Interview Questions
  • If you had to work any job at any company what would it be? What's Mastercard's stock price?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Jun 2018

Interview

I had got a referral and then I got a call from Master Card. First round was telephonic and second was face to face where all scenarios were asked.

Interview Questions
7 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Relatively straightforward, but long. Met with a number of senior management people throughout the course of 3 months. Case studies, behavioral questions, asked about my interest in the industry and the company

Interview Questions
15 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 23 Interviews