Mastercard Associate Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 6, 2017

2.8

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

Relatively straightforward, but long. Met with a number of senior management people throughout the course of 3 months. Case studies, behavioral questions, asked about my interest in the industry and the company

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY).

Interview

I found the job posting via career services at my school. Interviewed with 3 group heads. Mainly fit and each person described what their specific group does. I was asked mainly about my previous background and what my interests were. I was called a few days later by HR and asked which group I wanted to join, then I was given a formal offer to join the analyst program in the group of my choice.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Went through university career center. Had first round at school and final round at the headquarters. It took a while to get back with the results for both rounds. Interview questions were mostly behavioral based.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was mostly behavioral so they mostly want to hear about what skills you acquired in previous work experience and how those are applicable to the current position. They did ask 1-2 analytical questions (e.g. market sizing).

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard in September 2014.

Interview

Just apply online and list out your skills required for the job. If you could get an employee referred. That would give you a leg up for sure. You many also seek out local recruiting companies for help. They might have a one on one relationship with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in December 2013.

Interview

Applied through on-campus recruiting, followed with an onsite Superday. Interviewed with the leaders of all their product divisions and an employee from HR. Standard behavioral interview (Why mastercard, walk me through your resume, etc) -- since the interview is not terribly analytical or case based, make sure you know your answers thoroughly and have a compelling pitch for you're a good fit for the position. Research the products beforehand, come in with knowledge of the payments industry, possible competitors, and your own ideas. One brief case study for their prepaid division. Overall, very painless if you're well prepared and know what you're doing.

Interview Questions

• Segment the market for people who are denied credit and propose a solution for engaging that customer base.   Answer Question

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Applied online through LinkedIn. Contacted by hiring manager to apply on MasterCard website. After applying, an email was sent to schedule a phone interview. After phone interviews with recruiter, then met recruiter at the office. Final interview was with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Why MasterCard? Why the payments industry?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in February 2012.

Interview

Initial interview with two HR individuals at the school
    Contacted about in-person interviews in Purchase, NY
    Interviewed by 6 professionals, 30 minutes each, two different departments
    Offered a position two weeks later
    Accepted a month later

People from different departments have different personalities. Seemed like they are still using cubicles for lower level employees, but conference/group work rooms are in every section. Location of office was very nice. Saw employees going out during lunch time and running around the campus. Seems like a good work/life balance. Hesitant about promotion/advancement opportunities.

Interview Questions

• How many women in the US smoke cigars?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to ask lots of questions. Offer non-negotiable. Found that there are benefits and other information available off-line.

Associate Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

HR got back to me within a day of submitting my application, informed me via phone call of their interest in setting up an interview, and sent me a follow-up email. They took 3 days and a follow-up prompt to acknowledge my confirmation. Interview date was only confirmed via email 5 days after my acknowledgement, and set for two weeks from that date. Two interviewer names are provided to me.

So three weeks after the phone call, I go down to the offices, only one interviewer met me, other interviewer was unable to make it. Spoke for about an hour first regarding me and my motivations, what I'd see myself doing at Mastercard in specific, and a long discussion to find out what I knew about Mastercard and its position in the economic ecosystem.

Interviewer tells me they would get back to me by the end of the week (~3 days wait time), nothing heard from them at all until a full week later, despite a thank you email and a subsequent inquiry into the delay. Overall I spent far more time waiting, with HR missing their self-declared response window at every stage.

Interview Questions

• Who do you see yourself working with at Mastercard?   1 Answer

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Rome (Italy)) in February 2015.

Interview

1 step: Initial phone talking with the HR (motivational interview
    2. step: two case interviews with different line managers. They gave me different business cases
    3. Contract proposal