Find jobs for Associate Software Engineer

Mastercard Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 910 interviews

2.3
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

We had to write a test with coding and reasoning questions and then we were selected for the interview. In the interview, they covered all basic coding topics along with an HR interview.

Interview Questions
  • How would you describe an innovative idea that can change the world?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in Mar 2019

Interview

The process took about 3 weeks. I received an email from the recruiter and a phone interview with the hiring manager was schedule. The interview was mainly about my background and experience and I was also informed about the work culture and all the cool stuff that the company offers. Followed was a second interview with the one of the senior developers on the team. That was a little more technical. They asked specific question pertaining to the desire skill set for the role.

Interview Questions
  • About experience on resume. Specific projects on resume. Some SQL question, mainly "Join"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Aug 2017

Interview

Initially There was an aptitude test on HirePro followed by two interview rounds next day. The level of difficulty of aptitude was moderate . Around 25-30 students were shortlisted for interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Most of the questions were asked on resume and projects, Be thorough with your project. Question on Data Structures were asked. Also They will ask about your interest and ask questions according to it. At the end a puzzle was asked. The interviewers were very friendly and the interview process was very good.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in Oct 2016

Interview

I got a 1-1 interview and It was an on-campus interview, nice and friendly. Just walked me through my resume and asked some behavior questions. The person who interviewed me introduced his team and his experience in MasterCard which sounds so nice. But I've never heard back from them and the hr doesn't respond to my email.

Interview Questions
  • What do you know about MasterCard? What challenges do you have? What's Hadoop?
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in Dec 2015

Interview

I had back to back interviews, first with the gentleman who would be my boss, and then with the gentleman who was his boss. Very friendly, I was very comfortable the entire time. They had two people (who are now my coworkers) sit in on the interviews which helped the process be more personal without being uncomfortable. I did not at all feel intimidated, and that really helped me to have a smooth interview.

Interview Questions
  • Simple questions about my background, experience in the field, what I would like for my future, etc.

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in Feb 2014

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone with three others. The job was in a room with about six people. The most senior person within that room was the manager and he, another manager, and their manager were on the phone interview. They asked a couple personality questions such as what was your last interaction with an authority figure like and what kind of experience do you have working in a group. The technical question was whether or not I was familiar with SQL, shell scripting, and if I had heard of awk, to which I replied yes and talked about what I did with each a little. They kept the small talk tight and got down to business with me after a bit of ho-humming with each other. They did say they were just looking for boots to put on the ground.

Interview Questions
  • What was my last interaction with an authority figure?

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Dublin, Dublin) in Jan 2014

Interview

After being referred internally I was contacted by email to arrange an interview. I had two interviews, the first was a teleconference interview in the MasterCard office with two managers and one engineer from the St Louis MasterCard office. This was straightforward. where they explained the position, inquired about my experience and asked about some college projects I had worked on. Since this was my first job out of college the questions were quite general. After this I met with a HR representative a week later, I then received an offer which I accepted. The process was quick and easy, I had no problems.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in Aug 2011

Interview

hr called and scheduled 1:1 with manager n his team

5 people found this interview helpful