Mastercard Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.8

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Cases were more math intensive. However, during on-site, it felt like my interviewers didn't even want me there. They won't tell me information that I ask for and sort of looks at me as I go down the wrong rabbit hole.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

On campus interview a very quantitative and interesting case for 30 mins. It was almost computer program-like like you need to solve a software-type problem, but no actual programming required. This was followed by a 15 minute behavioral portion.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a complex math class you've taken and pretend I'm a 5 year old.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Arlington, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone screen, first-round interview with 2 cases, second round with 4 cases. For the most part everyone was really nice and smart. I had one interviewer who was unprepared/disinterested. I also heard someone talking about me behind my back which was unfortunate. It was hard to get an impression of what the BAs actually did on a day-to-day basis - I asked all my interviewers that and nobody gave me a detailed response. My impressions of company: Pros - great pay, very smart people (or at least they went to great schools), casual dress code, lots of upward mobility, growing, good business model: Cons - Arlington isn't ideal, no office spaces for BAs, nerdy, job is essentially software support, questionable exit opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

The initial meeting was over the phone with the HR Manager. The next meeting was a panel style interview. Both interviews were standard; there weren't wany surprises in either interview. The questions were mainly about my career experiences. I thought both interviews went well and I was surprised that I did not recieve an offer. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my career experiences. It was an open discussion.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview was quick and seemed more of a formality than anything. The phone interview consisted of 3 or 4 questions recapping some of the highlights from my resume and then moved on to scheduling a panel interview. An email was sent by the HR representative requesting that an online application be completed prior to the face-to-face interview.

The group interview began with a 20 minute meeting with an HR representative detailing the benefits offered should I get the position and I was then led to a small conference room. The group interview consisted of 4 Business Analysts from that particular team, as well as the Senior Analyst. Each panel member was permitted to ask questions.

The questions were pretty standard such as "Can you tell me about a time when you gathered requirements and it wasn't enough?" an "Have you ever worked on project with tight deadlines?" and "How do you handle stress?". The project life-cycle for MasterCard was 6-12 months... sometimes longer. This seemed to be a major talking point for the team, as was their concern for making sure revisions to the submitted requirements documents happened as infrequently as possible. They were quick to point out that they had their own format for documentation and anyone getting the position would be following that same format.

The two questions I struggled with the most were "Can you describe the layout of your documentation?" which should've been a lay-up but the answers I gave never seemed enough. The other question I struggled with was role-playing with them as to my approach in interviewing stakeholders for project documentation. If you're asked this question remember to be extra thorough.

After the obligatory "thank-you" emails I got an email a few days later saying I had not gotten the position. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your documentation?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Hyderabad (India)) in December 2019.

Interview

Only hires girls and sends boys back, no matter their skills. Didn't even take 3rd round of selected candidates if they were make. They mark gd by number of times someone speaks

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

1-) CV and cover letter
    2-) 2 case study interviews (30 minutes each)
    3-) full day at their offices (lunch, presentations and 4 interviews)
    Be prepared to deal with people that are full of themselves. APT only hires from Oxbridge, and very occasionaly from LSE. This means that in theory they should all be very clever, but it also means that they favour profiles that exactly matches theirs.
    One of my interviewers pulled out her phone while I was going through the case (she couldn't care less about me lol).
    You know that you have failed the interview when they don't bother asking you at the end if you have questions.
    Overall feeling: These people are lazy (they complain about leaving work at 6pm), and they are full of themselves.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with data?
      Why APT?
      Tell me about your biggest achievement to date
      What are the 3 qualities you will bring to APT?
      Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Cambridge, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

two 30 minute fit and case study interviews in Cambridge. asked all the basic questions before moving on to case study. These were relatively tricky from a maths point of view, and I slipped up when one asked me to express a relationship algebraically between customers lost and customers gained.

Interview Questions

• Three reasons why we should hire you   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mastercard in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to arrange for a face to face interview.

I was expecting a competency based interview or at least based on my CV but from the beginning the hiring manager appeared disinterested, and seemed occupied with something else on her mind.

Interview lasted less than 30 minutes, with me asking most of the questions. Hiring manager didn't seem to know what she wanted nor display any sense of experience interviewing (As if she had already made up her mind before I had even uttered a word).....the strangest and shortest interview ever.

Told I would hear back on next steps, but didn't hold my breath! as I would have declined even if invited..I was right, a few months later and still nothing! not even a courtesy rejection...just radio silence.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

I was referred by a friend to a contractor who had a pre-screening discussion followed by
    skype interview with manager. It was quickly scheduled, HR folks are prompt in noticing referrals. Screening was done via telephone. Actual interview was a lengthy one however.

Interview Questions

• behavioral questions as to assess the candidate's capability of responding in complex situations   Answer Question