Mastercard Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Business Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in November 2011.

Interview

The initial meeting was over the phone with the HR Manager. The next meeting was a panel style interview. Both interviews were standard; there weren't wany surprises in either interview. The questions were mainly about my career experiences. I thought both interviews went well and I was surprised that I did not recieve an offer. Oh well.

Interview Questions

• Mainly about my career experiences. It was an open discussion.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2009.

Interview

Initial phone interview was quick and seemed more of a formality than anything. The phone interview consisted of 3 or 4 questions recapping some of the highlights from my resume and then moved on to scheduling a panel interview. An email was sent by the HR representative requesting that an online application be completed prior to the face-to-face interview.

The group interview began with a 20 minute meeting with an HR representative detailing the benefits offered should I get the position and I was then led to a small conference room. The group interview consisted of 4 Business Analysts from that particular team, as well as the Senior Analyst. Each panel member was permitted to ask questions.

The questions were pretty standard such as "Can you tell me about a time when you gathered requirements and it wasn't enough?" an "Have you ever worked on project with tight deadlines?" and "How do you handle stress?". The project life-cycle for MasterCard was 6-12 months... sometimes longer. This seemed to be a major talking point for the team, as was their concern for making sure revisions to the submitted requirements documents happened as infrequently as possible. They were quick to point out that they had their own format for documentation and anyone getting the position would be following that same format.

The two questions I struggled with the most were "Can you describe the layout of your documentation?" which should've been a lay-up but the answers I gave never seemed enough. The other question I struggled with was role-playing with them as to my approach in interviewing stakeholders for project documentation. If you're asked this question remember to be extra thorough.

After the obligatory "thank-you" emails I got an email a few days later saying I had not gotten the position. Good luck and I hope this helps!

Interview Questions

• Can you describe your documentation?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mastercard in June 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted via email to arrange for a face to face interview.

I was expecting a competency based interview or at least based on my CV but from the beginning the hiring manager appeared disinterested, and seemed occupied with something else on her mind.

Interview lasted less than 30 minutes, with me asking most of the questions. Hiring manager didn't seem to know what she wanted nor display any sense of experience interviewing (As if she had already made up her mind before I had even uttered a word).....the strangest and shortest interview ever.

Told I would hear back on next steps, but didn't hold my breath! as I would have declined even if invited..I was right, a few months later and still nothing! not even a courtesy rejection...just radio silence.