Mastercard Business Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 42 of over 930 interviews

3.5
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Arlington, VA) in Nov 2018

Interview

Skype interview followed by final round super day. The final round was in Arlington with breakfast, then a presentation about the firm, then 4x45 minute interviews with a 90 minute lunch break at some point.

Interview Questions
  • Case interviews
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

first round consists of 2 case studies, 30mins each. They were dissimilar to a typical business case that you would do for MBB for example. Instead, its much more like a single problem that you have to solve. Will typically be a revenue problem for example or 'should we go ahead with this project'. Behavioural was about 7mins long and is basic. If you clear the first stage, second round is four 45min cases.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in Oct 2018

Interview

I applied through campus recruiting. I had two on-campus first round interviews and then 4-5 second round interviews in the DC office. In addition, the super-day included a presentation, lunch, and a networking dinner the night before. All of the interviews involved a case and some personality questions/questions about why I wanted to join APT. The interview process overall was nice, and everyone I met was genuine and enthusiastic about their jobs. I turned down the offer because the work itself didn't seem terribly exciting.

Interview Questions
  • Asked me case questions like how would I approach launching a new product or switching manufacturers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England, England) in Nov 2017

Interview

Applied online. Heard back for initial interviews at University happening the following week. 2 case interviews (with some behaviourial and Q&A). Very quantitatively focussed with some business acumen. Advanced to final round at London Office, which involves 4 case interviews. Very similar in style. Many of the candidates found it to be draining however, especially after lunch when moving onto the 4th interview. Perhaps this is by design to see how people perform when tired etc (purely conjecture - I have no clue). People are all lovely and it seems a terrific place to work (will potentially consider reapplying later in my career)

Interview Questions
  • Case interviews in different business sectors
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in Nov 2017

Interview

Intern Position: 1 on campus interview (45 minutes, 15 mins fit 20 mins case 10 mins questions), followed by final round in DC office (4 total interviews just like the first round, plus a presentation by a Senior VP and lunch with 3 Business Consultants (and a group of interviewees). First round and final round were similar in difficulty, both rather straightforward cases and math/profitability focused. People were all very kind. Heard back the night of the final round by phone call.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

Interview

Two Skype interviews involving fit and case questions. Was then flown to London office for four in-person interviews. Three involved cases, the other was purely fit oriented. Overall, great experience, friendly and motivated individuals.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in Nov 2017

Interview

Two rounds: first two phone interviews and then four second-round interviews at the London office Each interview consisted of some CV/personal experience questions and then of a business case Everyone at APT made the interviewees feel extremely welcome. There was ample opportunity to ask questions and get to know APT employees.

Interview Questions
  • Determine the incremental profit from this business initiative!

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Arlington, VA) in Oct 2017

Interview

Went to an on-campus info session and applied through school's career posting page. Got a first-round interview offer a few days after submitting my application, and the interview took place on campus 10 days after I submitted my application. Got called back the night of for a second round in Arlington. The thing I didn't like is that it took them two weeks to get back to me after the second round, which was nerve-racking. First round consisted of two 30-minute interviews and second round consisted of four 45-minute interviews. Process was the same with every interviewer. You get to know each other a bit, go through a case together, and then do some Q&A's or finish the conversation you had at the beginning. The interviewers and the recruiters are great overall.

Interview Questions
  • A few variables were interconnected with each other in one of my cases, and I had lots of trouble trying to calculate a number.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in Oct 2017

Interview

Interviewed on campus at an Ivy League school. First round consisted of 2 30 minute cases that were math heavy. Final round was onsite in D.C and consisted of 4 45 minute case interviews that started off with a behavioral Q and A and then dove into a math case.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in Oct 2017

Interview

One interview on campus and four interviews at the headquarters in Washington DC. All interviews had a case and a fit portion. The cases were more quantitative heavy compared to normal case interviews.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 42 Interviews