Mastercard Database Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Nov 16, 2018

To filter interviews, or .
Found 14 of over 910 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (College Station, TX) in Oct 2018

Interview

Talked to the company at Career Fair and later applied online. Got a call for Campus Interview. Didn't make it to the second round which was supposed to happen at their headquarters.

Interview Questions
  • One Case-Study question which was related to designing a database. They wanted to know the overall thinking process
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (San Francisco, CA) in Sep 2018

Interview

3 rounds total. First round was on campus, covered past projects/internships, some basic SQL questions, and a market sizing question. Second round was in the SF office, went over past internship experience and a database design case with some related SQL questions. Final round was in the Arlington office. It consisted of four 45 minute interviews. I had one creative data one, two business cases, and one database design case. Overall a really great experience, everyone was very friendly and helpful!

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in Oct 2017

Interview

There were 3 rounds in total. First round was an on-campus interview with questions ranging from my resume, to database design and SQL. Second round was a phone interview with a similar structure as the first round but with a business case portion as well. Third round was an on-site interview at their DC office, with 4 interviews. 2 case/resume interviews, 1 database design and SQL interview and the final interview was a 'creativity' interview where I was given a laptop with a database and I was told to find certain data-points and any additional interesting facts. All of the interviewers I faced were very nice, kind and helpful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in Oct 2017

Interview

I applied through my college and got offered an on campus interview. The interview was only 30 minutes and consisted of about 1 behavioral question, two database questions, and a market-sizing question. The interviewer was very nice and helpful during the case.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Ballston, VA) in Sep 2017

Interview

- first round on campus interview: a case study on pet hotel; knowing basic SQL knowledge would be helpful - second round phone interview: a case study on pricing, mostly just testing your logic and the ability to do maths - final round in office: two interviews with case and behavior (cases are more quantitative than management consulting but really just basic maths and some logical thinking. they don't care about you using those framework the management consulting companies are big on which is good because you don't need to do a lot of practice beforehand or provide really polished answer. They care more about your raw intelligence and intuition) one interview with database case (more advanced database and SQL knowledge) another hands-on project where you will be asked to generate analysis from a database using language of your choice (e.g. python, R, SQL, Excel, etc) and there will be a 1:1 Q&A session/interview right after that for you to walk through your progress and thoughts Overall, extremely fun experience. Before final round, they will put you in a nice hotel and invite you to a nice networking/dinner. On the interview day, people in your group will take you out for lunch. Their culture including the new office is definitely of the silicon-valley style.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about some website database. It might seem to be easy at first, but the interviewer will really dig into it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pittsburgh, PA) in Sep 2017

Interview

First round is to check the knowledge about database design and SQL query; Second round is to analyse business case involving market size question; the questions are not very hard, but it's important to show both your technical skills and business sense during the interview.

Interview Questions
  • Redesign the database for a book store. Write a query to get data for each group.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Charlottesville, VA) in Sep 2016

Interview

I was interviewed by a lead database analyst. He first looked through my resume and asked some related questions including where do you want to work in and then a case question, designing a database for a recipe website. After the case it was time for your questions. The whole interview process lasts about 35 minutes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Philadelphia, PA) in Sep 2016

Interview

applied through university website two rounds of on campus interviews then it would be super day which i didn't get in successfully but generally it was a good experience and i liked it

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard in Feb 2016

Interview

I got selected for the first round. It was on campus and 1:1. I applied via my campus recruiting website. The interview was a bit about your resume and one market sizing question. Interviewer was chilled out and friendly. Didn't get selected was next round. They selected only 2 people. It was w

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Silver Spring, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Silver Spring, MD) in Feb 2016

Interview

Applied through my schools career website and went to an information session where they talked about what the company does and the role of the internship. They took two days to get back to me after the information session and then two days after the interview to let me know their decision. Interviewer was very friendly and did not make any judgements.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 14 Interviews