Mastercard Database Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Database Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Ballston, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Ballston, VA) in September 2017.

Interview

- first round on campus interview: a case study on pet hotel; knowing basic SQL knowledge would be helpful
- second round phone interview: a case study on pricing, mostly just testing your logic and the ability to do maths
- final round in office:
two interviews with case and behavior (cases are more quantitative than management consulting but really just basic maths and some logical thinking. they don't care about you using those framework the management consulting companies are big on which is good because you don't need to do a lot of practice beforehand or provide really polished answer. They care more about your raw intelligence and intuition)
one interview with database case (more advanced database and SQL knowledge)
another hands-on project where you will be asked to generate analysis from a database using language of your choice (e.g. python, R, SQL, Excel, etc) and there will be a 1:1 Q&A session/interview right after that for you to walk through your progress and thoughts

Overall, extremely fun experience. Before final round, they will put you in a nice hotel and invite you to a nice networking/dinner. On the interview day, people in your group will take you out for lunch. Their culture including the new office is definitely of the silicon-valley style.

Interview Questions

• Questions about some website database. It might seem to be easy at first, but the interviewer will really dig into it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (San Francisco, CA) in September 2018.

Interview

3 rounds total. First round was on campus, covered past projects/internships, some basic SQL questions, and a market sizing question. Second round was in the SF office, went over past internship experience and a database design case with some related SQL questions. Final round was in the Arlington office. It consisted of four 45 minute interviews. I had one creative data one, two business cases, and one database design case. Overall a really great experience, everyone was very friendly and helpful!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Station, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (College Station, TX) in October 2018.

Interview

Talked to the company at Career Fair and later applied online. Got a call for Campus Interview. Didn't make it to the second round which was supposed to happen at their headquarters.

Interview Questions

• One Case-Study question which was related to designing a database. They wanted to know the overall thinking process   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Charlottesville, VA) in September 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by a lead database analyst. He first looked through my resume and asked some related questions including where do you want to work in and then a case question, designing a database for a recipe website.
    After the case it was time for your questions. The whole interview process lasts about 35 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Philadelphia, PA) in September 2016.

Interview

applied through university website
    two rounds of on campus interviews
    then it would be super day which i didn't get in successfully
    but generally it was a good experience and i liked it

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in October 2017.

Interview

There were 3 rounds in total. First round was an on-campus interview with questions ranging from my resume, to database design and SQL. Second round was a phone interview with a similar structure as the first round but with a business case portion as well. Third round was an on-site interview at their DC office, with 4 interviews. 2 case/resume interviews, 1 database design and SQL interview and the final interview was a 'creativity' interview where I was given a laptop with a database and I was told to find certain data-points and any additional interesting facts. All of the interviewers I faced were very nice, kind and helpful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

First round is to check the knowledge about database design and SQL query; Second round is to analyse business case involving market size question; the questions are not very hard, but it's important to show both your technical skills and business sense during the interview.

Interview Questions

• Redesign the database for a book store. Write a query to get data for each group.   Answer Question

Database Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through my college and got offered an on campus interview. The interview was only 30 minutes and consisted of about 1 behavioral question, two database questions, and a market-sizing question. The interviewer was very nice and helpful during the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Denver, CO) in November 2015.

Interview

There are some interesting brainstorming problems. However, most of the interviews are covered with case. They will provide little information at beginning. You have to ask for more details to succeed. My interviewer is hard to deal with and is always trying to pressure me in all aspects. But the recruiter is nice. After this round of interview, I got an invitation to go to their headquarter to the final round in 5 days. However, I turned down this invitation simply because I hate the guy who interviewed me. Very mean.

Interview Questions

• How many bottled water are sold in US yearly?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in College Park, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (College Park, MD) in February 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was extremely rude. I'm pretty sure there was some sort of bias before the interview really even began. We started 5 minutes late and he was disinterested from the beginning. He was constantly on his phone while I was trying to talk to him and there was not even a smile once. I'm not sure if this was a test or not but it did not make me feel comfortable at all. It's unfortunate because I was really interested in the company but I feel like the interviewer, not my qualifications decided whether or not I got the job.