Mastercard Director Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 908 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Sydney) in Nov 2020

Interview

Competency based interviews which seemed very old fashioned way to interview and does not support a natural conversation . Applied for the role around 5 mths prior and then called out of the blue for an interview . Disappointing process for such a major brand.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time blah blah that you built and leveraged relationships blah blah
    1 Answer

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

The process was well laid out and the HR had called in advance. they had 2 rounds of interviews, with one round being with the biz leads and another with the HR

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

The recruitment process was in 3 steps. Recruiter screening, then the hiring manager and last with the President. It was a pleasurable interviewing experience and it took two weeks end to end, from the initial screening call to accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
  • How is digital technology impacting the Financial Services industry?

Mastercard

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Very slow process from start to finish. Three rounds spanning several months. Poor communication. Interview was rushed and disorganized. The interview was held in a very small office. Interviewers were checking their emails and text messages throughout.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Mastercard?

Mastercard

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Mixed reviews .... while there is structure and urgency to get the interviews going, at times it felt like a black-box with no concrete feedback. The HR interview was pretty standard; however, the next set of interviews with VP / SVP were quite subjective....

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Very unprofessional HR person. I applied online and received an email from this HR person. We set up a day and time for a phone call and of course she stood me up. Later she emailed again, saying she was pulled into an emergency meeting or whatever, and asked for another day and time to talk. We picked another day and time, and guess what, NO Show Again!!! Wow. Just Amazing. I wonder if their HR work is monitored or measured anyhow. But apparently a very dysfunctional department.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England, England) in Jan 2019

Interview

The process was simple, straight forward and relatively painless. The was three rounds with human resources, hiring manager, and senior folks from the executive team. The questions that they asked are pretty much similar to those you will find in standard interview preparation guide. The dress code is smart casual. Everyone is highly professional and you will need to be highly prepared for the interviews.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Quebec, QC) in Jun 2018

Interview

Very unprofessional. HR contacted me via email to setup a telephonic interview. After the interview a different HR manager contacted to setup another telephonic interview with the hiring manager/team manager. Manager was late for interview, so I had to ask HR to call him. The first thing manager told me was that we won't sponsor your work permit. I was shocked as all this was discussed during the 1st round. Went ahead with the interview anyway. He didn't let me ask questions and told me he has to go as he has other people to interview. It's been 2 months since and still don't have an update from them. My status is still set to 'interview' on their website. Even very small companies are far more professional.

Interview Questions
  • About yourself Product knowledge and experience Basic questions about technology and how to implement on a worldwide scale.
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune)

Interview

Very unprofessional recruitment process. For the senior position of Director in Pune, company employed junior recruiters, who didn't even know the recruiting panel properly and their availability. After the telephone screening process, rescheduled the interview call 4 times and that too interviewer didn't join for 4th planned schedule. Very bad work culture.

Interview Questions
  • make sure you ask role, reporting manager and calendar confirmation of interviewer with your recruitment manager, before going ahead
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England, England) in Feb 2018

Interview

Met with the Hiring Manager and her two dotted line supervisors. Basically went over the job descriptions and then had to explain how my experience and background would lend to the role. I found that it was up to me to ask a lot of questions with regards to the business and role. I found this quite helpful as it allowed me to truly understand whether this business would be the right fit for me. The interviewers were all quite personable and were interested in understanding how I am as a person and my work style. Having felt at ease with the individuals I spoke with gave me confidence to speak with candor and discuss aspects of the role and business I wouldn't necessarily have brought up otherwise.

Interview Questions
  • Part of the role would require you to decline requests and say no to objectives on projects. How would you address various key stakeholders , knowing that you were going to say no to their proposed plan of action?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews