Mastercard Director Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Director Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.9

Director Interview

Interview

Very unprofessional HR person. I applied online and received an email from this HR person. We set up a day and time for a phone call and of course she stood me up. Later she emailed again, saying she was pulled into an emergency meeting or whatever, and asked for another day and time to talk. We picked another day and time, and guess what, NO Show Again!!! Wow. Just Amazing. I wonder if their HR work is monitored or measured anyhow. But apparently a very dysfunctional department.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process is long, the first interview with HR was fair and objective, there were no trick questions but I didn`t receive any feedback for 4 weeks. The conversation took almost an hour and the professional was not invasive.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in Mastercard?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard (Washington, DC) in February 2017.

Interview

Multiple Rounds - Phone Screen Followed by Two Rounds of On-site Interviews

Phone screen was done by the recruiter
    1st round consisted of two 45 min interviews. Each interview had a case and a behavioral component
    2nd round consisted of 5 or 6 interviews over a 4.5 hr time frame. Of the 6 interviews, one was a coffee chat with a peer and another was a s/w demo. Remaining four were a combination of case and behavioral interviews. Personally, I found the 4.5 hr interview to be very tiring ... make sure you rest well the day before and take a few min break in between the interviews if possible

Cases were a combination of quantitative and qualitative questions ... I liked all the folks who I interviewed with. I found them to be very passionate and very smart

The hiring manager was very good and response all along the process

Interview Questions

• I was asked why I didn't get selected by McKinsey at my business school (I probably shot myself in the foot by revealing that information). Either ways, it was very tricky (and honestly odd) to answer the question   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Mixed reviews .... while there is structure and urgency to get the interviews going, at times it felt like a black-box with no concrete feedback. The HR interview was pretty standard; however, the next set of interviews with VP / SVP were quite subjective....

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

Met with the Hiring Manager and her two dotted line supervisors. Basically went over the job descriptions and then had to explain how my experience and background would lend to the role. I found that it was up to me to ask a lot of questions with regards to the business and role. I found this quite helpful as it allowed me to truly understand whether this business would be the right fit for me.
    The interviewers were all quite personable and were interested in understanding how I am as a person and my work style. Having felt at ease with the individuals I spoke with gave me confidence to speak with candor and discuss aspects of the role and business I wouldn't necessarily have brought up otherwise.

Interview Questions

• Part of the role would require you to decline requests and say no to objectives on projects. How would you address various key stakeholders , knowing that you were going to say no to their proposed plan of action?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Interview

Very unprofessional recruitment process. For the senior position of Director in Pune, company employed junior recruiters, who didn't even know the recruiting panel properly and their availability. After the telephone screening process, rescheduled the interview call 4 times and that too interviewer didn't join for 4th planned schedule. Very bad work culture.

Interview Questions

• make sure you ask role, reporting manager and calendar confirmation of interviewer with your recruitment manager, before going ahead   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quebec, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Quebec, QC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Very unprofessional.
    HR contacted me via email to setup a telephonic interview. After the interview a different HR manager contacted to setup another telephonic interview with the hiring manager/team manager.
    Manager was late for interview, so I had to ask HR to call him.
    The first thing manager told me was that we won't sponsor your work permit. I was shocked as all this was discussed during the 1st round. Went ahead with the interview anyway. He didn't let me ask questions and told me he has to go as he has other people to interview.
    It's been 2 months since and still don't have an update from them. My status is still set to 'interview' on their website. Even very small companies are far more professional.

Interview Questions

• About yourself
      Product knowledge and experience
      Basic questions about technology and how to implement on a worldwide scale.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

The process was simple, straight forward and relatively painless. The was three rounds with human resources, hiring manager, and senior folks from the executive team. The questions that they asked are pretty much similar to those you will find in standard interview preparation guide. The dress code is smart casual. Everyone is highly professional and you will need to be highly prepared for the interviews.