Mastercard Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

2.5

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews with various people within the department. The interviewers were nice and personable, and I actually enjoyed talking to them. I personally felt that the interviews went well, but the day after the 3rd interview I received an email saying I was not selected. A few days after that, I saw that the position was re-posted on job boards with a different title but the same description. I am a little bit confused by the re-naming, but my guess would be that the original title was misleading and attracting the wrong candidates, and hence why I was not selected. Not a huge waste of time, but I did get excited for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience, tell me about your programming skills, etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online pretty late. I got a phone call within two days to schedule a phone interview with the manager. After the first round, I got another email to schedule another phone meeting with a senior software engineer. After the second round, I was told the result in three days.

Interview Questions

• First round mainly consisted of behavioral questions and the manager went through my resume. Second round, I was interviewed on JavaScript. I prepared through w3schools and it pretty much did the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The salary was fixed. It is not negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed through my university's career services' on campus recruitment processes. I heard back from MasterCard within two weeks after my interview with them for the Summer Internship. The first round took place on campus and the second round took place over the phone, though I heard that if you live near their Purchase HQ they will bring you into the office.

The first part was relatively easy, generic questions about personal background, resume, work experience, expertise.
    The second part of the interview was mostly focused on marketing and specific skills related to the division.

In conclusion: Some technical marketing questions, mostly behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2016.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone with the human resources department and took around twenty minutes; they called to conduct a preliminary interview and then scheduled the formal interview. The second interview was with the hiring agent in the department in which the internship was located; this was a week after the preliminary interview and took approximately thirty minutes.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavioral questions. Inquired informally about programming skills. Tell me about your resume.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

My resume was juggled across three departments. Finally got hired with Integrated Processing Solutions. At each point I was asked about my past experience, my enthusiasm was evaluated, as well as my quantitative skills and knowledge of basic business concepts

Interview Questions

• What do you know about prepaid processing?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

I applied through my university. First round interview was a 1:1 with a MasterCard employee; the interview wasn't too engaging, and it consisted mainly of behavioral questions and questions about your application. 2nd round interview is an on-site interview with potential teams and workgroups. I did not make it to that stage however.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

It was clear and concise. Asked about basic skills and if I had familiar experience in the payments industry. The interviewer was very nice. The interview was about 30 minutes long.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

One on-site interview that lasted all day. I interviewed with four different teams that were interested in having me on their team. Mostly all behavioral questions and what I have worked on in the past. At the end of the day they asked me to rate the teams based on best match.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Two rounds of interview. First round with someone on the team, and second round with manager. There is nothing unexpected, and they had an alumna to come over and interview me during on campus recruiting process, which is very nice.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Miami, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Brief phone interview with recruiter- more of a phone screening - and then followed by a phone interview with a senior business leader that ended up being on the team. Was by no means difficult in terms of technical skills (don't worry about strategy cases, finance pressure, etc.) but was rather a look into past experiences and knowledge/ passion about the company and what was going on in the payments industry.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous job experience relate to this opportunity?   Answer Question