Mastercard Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in October 2018.

Interview

On campus interview first round, then on site interview final round about 3 weeks later, then offer made about 1 week later. Given two weeks to decide on offer. Interviewer was extremely friendly, talked a lot about the company culture and the family of mentors interns receive.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Mastercard?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Orlando, FL).

Interview

I interviewed with Mastercard at the Grace Hopper Conference and had a great time talking with one of the engineers. The interview was behavioral and focused on my other internship and project experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I was called to interviewed at Grace Hopper and it was a behavioral interview mostly asking about experience and past projects. Got a call a few weeks later saying I got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Orlando, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I interviewed with MasterCard at the Grace Hopper Conference. The interview was short (around 20-30 minutes) and non-technical. It feels like a very friendly, informal conversation wherein the interviewer genuinely wants to know about me and my interests. After going over my resume and a few behavioral questions, we also discussed the benefits of working at Mastercard. I received the offer about a week afterwards.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve conflicts in your team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

There was a first round screening at my school which got me straight to the final round. Some friends interviewed twice before the final round. There is an interview buddy for the final round that tells you a lot about the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked a question relating to task allocation to worker machines and optimizing it.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Behavioral; discussed items on my resume, experiences, their role in the company, time for me to ask questions, etc. Very positive experience, excellent interviewer. I was asked about skills I've acquired and how my courses and extracurricular tie together.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pittsburgh, PA) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and got an on-campus interview after a few days. The interview went for ~45min and the recruiter was super nice. The first part was some behavioral questions and the second part consisted of two technical questions. Did okay in solving the problems but screwed up the work analysis. Got an rejection email after two days.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mastercard in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their website. Afterwards, I went to the career fair and talked to the recruiters, where I again handed them my resume. This was on Monday. On Wednesday, I got an email asking to schedule an on campus interview for Thursday, so there was very short notice. I did the interview, but didn't make it to the next round.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Really well handled, they did on campus interviewing at my school. Met with two engineers for 45 minutes each. We just worked through two algorithmic problems together and then talked about different methods that could be used to solve the problem. More a conversation than anything else

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Princeton, NJ) in October 2019.

Interview

The questions were relatively straightforward, one was reminiscent of BFS in a graph and the other about shuffling. The interviewers were nice and helped make it a more comfortable situation.