Mastercard Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Updated Dec 25, 2020

To filter interviews, or .
Found 15 of over 912 interviews

2.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

The interviewer was friendly and informative. It felt like a conversation more than anything else. I learned a lot of interesting things about the company's inner workings. Mainly a behavior interview. Many questions pertained to the jobs/projects/achievements on my resume.

Interview Questions
  • What do you do when you are stuck on a problem?
    Answer Question

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

After the personality test is a pre-interview coding assignment and the technical interview. The final round is HR interview with some behavioural questions. Each round takes one or two days to get the result.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Sep 2020

Interview

Campus recruitment. The shortlisting test was simple coding round. A lot of students were shortlisted. Some students had longer interviews than others. the was one or two rounds of interviews. no separate HR round. the interviews were very encouraging.

Interview Questions
  • what is the toughest challenge that I faced till date?

Mastercard

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Really well handled, they did on campus interviewing at my school. Met with two engineers for 45 minutes each. We just worked through two algorithmic problems together and then talked about different methods that could be used to solve the problem. More a conversation than anything else

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Princeton, NJ) in Oct 2019

Interview

The questions were relatively straightforward, one was reminiscent of BFS in a graph and the other about shuffling. The interviewers were nice and helped make it a more comfortable situation.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard in Jan 2019

Interview

One twenty minute phone call with hiring manager. Talked about some technical aspects such as why can java work on different operating machines (because it gets compiled down to a common language the machine can read). Didn't necessarily answer all correctly. I prepared for more behavioral questions since that was what I saw most people posted about on glassdoor. Though, my experience probably may not have been the norm.

Interview Questions
  • Why does java work across all different computers/operating systems. Something like that

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in Oct 2018

Interview

On campus interview first round, then on site interview final round about 3 weeks later, then offer made about 1 week later. Given two weeks to decide on offer. Interviewer was extremely friendly, talked a lot about the company culture and the family of mentors interns receive.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for Mastercard?

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mastercard (Orlando, FL)

Interview

I interviewed with Mastercard at the Grace Hopper Conference and had a great time talking with one of the engineers. The interview was behavioral and focused on my other internship and project experiences.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Behavioral; discussed items on my resume, experiences, their role in the company, time for me to ask questions, etc. Very positive experience, excellent interviewer. I was asked about skills I've acquired and how my courses and extracurricular tie together.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Orlando, FL) in Oct 2017

Interview

I was called to interviewed at Grace Hopper and it was a behavioral interview mostly asking about experience and past projects. Got a call a few weeks later saying I got the job.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Interviews