Mastercard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.8

Vendor Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Miami, FL) in June 2016.

Interview

first contact over the telephone with a local recruiter. General questions to identify if I am the right candidate / good match for the position
    second interview over the phone (1:1 with the Hiring manager)
    third stage face to face meetings in the office with multiple employees

Interview Questions

• share your professional Background

any experience in migrating from one vendor to another?

Can you describe your experience with process improvement methodologies?

How was your experience living abroad?
      Answer Question

Leader, Digital Optimization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in June 2016.

Interview

Submitted resume through website. Got phone call from recruiter about four weeks later to ask a few questions and then schedule phone interview with person who would be direct supervisor. Then a scheduling person called and set up interview. Spent about half an hour on the phone with supervisor. Couple of days later got call from recruiter asking me to come for in person interview. Then got call from scheduler to set up the interview. Very impressive and efficient process.

Had the interview. Heard nothing for three weeks, so I emailed the recruiter. Was told everything was still in progress and to hang on. Waited another few weeks with hearing nothing and wrote recruiter again. Was told the job requisition was now "on hold" and didn't know what was going to happen in the future. Checked their ATS and there was no record of me even applying for the job.

Up until the time that the job was pulled, or they hired someone else and didn't want to tell me that, I was impressed with the process. However, it really got sloppy at the end. I had to initiate all contact, and they couldn't even be bothered to send an email that the job was no longer available or whatever excuse they wanted to use.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand that even though this job has "leader" in the title, you aren't managing anyone?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

phone interview followed by a on site. Process took about 1 month. The on site interview lasted about a hour and a half. 2 members on the technical team..three managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. Basic Operating system questions.. Define a thread..define process.. Inter process communication... Some C++ questions.. Pointers..   Answer Question

Program Leader, Global Rules and Standards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

A short phone interview with the HR manager
    A 45 min phone interview with the hiring manager
    An in person interview with the hiring manager (business leader), his supervisor (unit leader) and the technology manager

Interview Questions

• Q: Global rules and standards center around terms of participation of customer banks. Describe your experience analyzing how new technologies might affect rules and standards.   1 Answer
    • Q: The position is about developing expertise in rules and standards. How would you go about acquiring the required know how to perform your tasks?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are the different kind of writing you had to do in your career?   1 Answer

Associate Professional, Project Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO).

Interview

Was referred by a friend that works there. Pone interview led to an on-site interview a week later. Interview went great, but unfortunately the position was closed due to the departments money constraints. They informed me that they would consider reopening it after the new fiscal year. I kept in touch with the hiring manager. In January, the date to reevaluate got pushed back to March. And in March, the position was reopened. I applied again and had a brief phone interview to touch base. Went in to see the hiring manager again. 4 weeks later, I got the call and they offered me the position and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• List a couple of things that you do at your current position that toe into what you would be doing in the position of you were to be hired.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

The interview is thorough and you will need to show your expertise and experience but if you know your field you should be fine. You should prepare to show interest in what the company is doing by asking questions not only about the position but the overall movement of the company. After all they are "Priceless".

Startup Engagement Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard in April 2016.

Interview

The interview process was a fairly standard affair. I first spoke with HR for a phone screening. Following that call, I was contacted for an in-person meeting with two members of the group I was applying for. I had one additional Skype interview with a member of the team in Ireland. Overall, the team I spoke with was very professional and engaging.

Interview Questions

• What do you value more in a startup, the technology or the product?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2016.

Interview

3 phone interviews with various people within the department. The interviewers were nice and personable, and I actually enjoyed talking to them. I personally felt that the interviews went well, but the day after the 3rd interview I received an email saying I was not selected. A few days after that, I saw that the position was re-posted on job boards with a different title but the same description. I am a little bit confused by the re-naming, but my guess would be that the original title was misleading and attracting the wrong candidates, and hence why I was not selected. Not a huge waste of time, but I did get excited for nothing.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience, tell me about your programming skills, etc.   1 Answer

Senior Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone vetting and then brought in for a face-to-face interview with 3 people. 10 days later brought in to meet with 4 more people. Had to follow-up a week later with TA to see when decision would be made and was told I would be contacted by the end of the week but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Questions were the typical questions. Strengths, weaknesses, how do you handle stressful situations, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

be wary. I think they are mainly seeking very young candidates. They first interviewed via phone than 1:1. The surroundings and building are beautiful, but when I peaked into the office area, they have what looks like very long tables and they put 3 people at a table. no privacy or place to work.