Mastercard Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 2, 2017

2.8

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process is long, the first interview with HR was fair and objective, there were no trick questions but I didn`t receive any feedback for 4 weeks. The conversation took almost an hour and the professional was not invasive.

Interview Questions

• Why I was interested in Mastercard?   1 Answer

UI/User Experience Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied through online and got a call from recruiter for a initial phone conversation, later the recruiter scheduled a call with the one of the manager. This round went really well and interviewer is so friendly and he asked me about all my experience and questions about agile methodology we are following, some angular and react questions and also about the wireframing tools. I was so confident that they will call me for the next round. I tried reaching the recruiter almost for a month after my interview and then she responded back that she dint get any feedback yet and circle back to me asap, even then she dint respond me back and she took one more month to reply me saying that currently team is not looking for any one for that position . This looks so unprofessional on their side.

Interview Questions

• Explain How do you follow scrum methodology?   Answer Question
    • difference between angular and react js, which one is better?   Answer Question
    • did you use and charting or graph related frameworks?   Answer Question
    • What tools do you use to create wireframes and mockups?   Answer Question
    • can we skip creating wire frames and directly write code using HTML and CSS for the sake of mockups?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard in June 2017.

Interview

The hiring process was very disorganized and reflected on the nascent MasterCard Center for Inclusive Growth in my eyes. I applied for the Manager position at the Center for Inclusive Growth early in the year and the talent acquisition team member contacted me in the summer for a screening interview. The Center seems to lack vision and direction as they suddenly wanted to talk about microfinance as innovative (in 2017?!) even though neither their page or the job post mentioned microfinance as a key function of the Center. Additionally, given the issues with microfinance as being anything but inclusive, it was surprising to me that they'd devote so much time to it rather than impact investing or more modern forms of financial inclusion. The process took 5 interviews over the course of 3 months and they even asked me to put together a presentation. One person canceled or changed the interview time on me 4X- once while I was sitting in the lobby! Although I was responsive to all their changes and confusion, they didn't respond when I asked them for feedback about why I didn't get the job at the end.

Interview Questions

• What kind of innovative program would you launch in the first 90 days?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied to on-line job listing. Within 2 weeks I was contacted by HR for a telephone screening interview. This was followed by telephone interview, followed by in-person interview on site.

Interview Questions

• Did my previous job have formal procedures for code reviews and acceptance testing   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Just one phone interview. (Others hired for same position did multiple phone interviews.) Fairly basic. Just greeting, about us, tell me about you, complete. Took about four days to hear back with offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your last job.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in April 2017.

Interview

very easy process, started by submitting an application to my university's career page and then was reached out to for a 30 minute phone interview. It took around 5 days for them to extend an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are you most proud of on your resume, classic behaviorals   Answer Question

Human Resources Reporting and Analysis Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview mostly consisted of questions about my background and relating it to the job description. Some of the interview was spent talking about the position itself and what it entails. Since the position is an uncommon one to find the interviewer helped clarify how analysis is used in their HR department to inform hiring decisions.

Business Integration Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through their website and waited for three weeks and then get an email from the HR. Had a phone interview asking me about my team work experience.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Miami, FL) in March 2017.

Interview

By far one of the best process, great experience. Logical interviewing questions; to the point Very impressed with the overall process, from the first phone conversation to subsequent in-person meetings.

Enterprise Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

four interviews, one with hiring manager, one with technical architects, one with peer of hiring manager and in the same organization, and one with an executive from a business partner.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background and why you are ideal for this role?   Answer Question