Mastercard Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.8

Associate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY).

Interview

I found the job posting via career services at my school. Interviewed with 3 group heads. Mainly fit and each person described what their specific group does. I was asked mainly about my previous background and what my interests were. I was called a few days later by HR and asked which group I wanted to join, then I was given a formal offer to join the analyst program in the group of my choice.

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY).

Interview

Intense including HR panel and online testing. Their key HR people are in St Louis so the panel interview with them is hard to read since it's done over the phone.

Program Leader, Global Rules and Standards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

A short phone interview with the HR manager
    A 45 min phone interview with the hiring manager
    An in person interview with the hiring manager (business leader), his supervisor (unit leader) and the technology manager

Interview Questions

• Q: Global rules and standards center around terms of participation of customer banks. Describe your experience analyzing how new technologies might affect rules and standards.   1 Answer
    • Q: The position is about developing expertise in rules and standards. How would you go about acquiring the required know how to perform your tasks?   1 Answer
    • Q: What are the different kind of writing you had to do in your career?   1 Answer

Senior Business Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Initial phone vetting and then brought in for a face-to-face interview with 3 people. 10 days later brought in to meet with 4 more people. Had to follow-up a week later with TA to see when decision would be made and was told I would be contacted by the end of the week but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Questions were the typical questions. Strengths, weaknesses, how do you handle stressful situations, etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

be wary. I think they are mainly seeking very young candidates. They first interviewed via phone than 1:1. The surroundings and building are beautiful, but when I peaked into the office area, they have what looks like very long tables and they put 3 people at a table. no privacy or place to work.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I interviewed through my university's career services' on campus recruitment processes. I heard back from MasterCard within two weeks after my interview with them for the Summer Internship. The first round took place on campus and the second round took place over the phone, though I heard that if you live near their Purchase HQ they will bring you into the office.

The first part was relatively easy, generic questions about personal background, resume, work experience, expertise.
    The second part of the interview was mostly focused on marketing and specific skills related to the division.

In conclusion: Some technical marketing questions, mostly behavioral.

Summer Consulting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I got the first round interview through on campus recruiting. The interviewer was very nice and relaxed and encouraged me to be more relaxed and personal. I could only think of two strength and one weakness but she didn't push the second weakness hard. She saw me thinking and then she just proceeded to the next question. I heard that MasterCard has a great 9-5 work life balance so I told her that this is one of the reason why MasterCard is great but she was like oh we are more similar to traditional consulting so we are special and we work long hours.

Interview Questions

• walk me through your resume
      give me two of your biggest strength and weaknesses
      Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Arranged through University, interviewed on campus, basic questions about your projects and previous experience. was interviewed in person by someone who works on the team, very friendly, casual interview, not too technical

Law & Franchise Integrity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied on my college's online campus career portal. The interview was fairly straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions. I heard back from MasterCard about two weeks after I applied offering me an interview. I did not receive an offer, and I heard this from human resources within the next three or four weeks.

Interview Questions

• Which experiences listed on your resume is of the most importance to you? Why?   Answer Question

Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

The process is very slow. HR is the gatekeeper. The first step is a phone screen with an HR recruiter. If successful, you will have a phone interview with the Hiring Manager. They will likely select only a few candidates to get through to the next round which would involve meeting with several people on the expanded team. HR has a mixed record with providing updates, feedback or any subsequent information