Mastercard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied to on-line job listing. Within 2 weeks I was contacted by HR for a telephone screening interview. This was followed by telephone interview, followed by in-person interview on site.

Interview Questions

• Did my previous job have formal procedures for code reviews and acceptance testing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2010.

Interview

First had a phone interview. Then 2 were sort listed for F2F. All they were looking for is whether I knew the basic concepts of Java, Spring, Hibernate and GWT. Did well with all questions except GWT. Panel had 3 people including project manager and 2 tech leads. They made me very comfortable. Looked to be very good team to work with.
    But could not make it. Feedback was good, but they said since they were looking for only one person, they are taking the other guy, since he did well in GWT.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2009.

Interview

HR contacted me via email to set up a convenient interview time
    There were 2 persons on the phone on set date and time
    The questions they asked were contrary to what I was applying for
    They mentioned that they can give me more time to prepare if I needed
    I declined as my current job was just fine and I did not appreciate them pulling a fast one on me

Interview Questions

• They kept asking me technical questions based on my past experience that was not relevant to the position i had applied for   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied through the career portal. Got a call from the HR for a technical test. After completing the test. I was called for the F2F interview at MasterCard office. 1 round was a technical interview, which was easy. After that there was a managerial round where manager asked about experience and project. And told me that next round will be scheduled in next week with the senior manager through Skype. I did not get any response in next week and the HR did not respond after multiple followup emails. I got a call after one month that the interview is scheduled with the senior manager for next week. The senior manager asked about project and experience and explained me about the team and the work and the project i am supposed to work on. The interview was very positive. He told me that the HR will call me in next two days. I haven't got any call even after more than a month and the HR doesn't even care to respond to emails. Pathetic HRs. Worst Company.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

As a senior software engineer, I applied for the same position of Mastercard Shanghai China.
    Everything seems going well. We talked about JVM, java concurrency & multi-threading, coding issues of Financial industry, iso8583.
    After I finished the technical challenge of LRU cache algorithm, HR came in and told me sorry that leader is not in Shanghai(interview with the leader has arranged in Email), so you can leave now ,and waiting for the result.
    One week later, I asked for the result, HR said sorry just wait for another week, and so on for 2 or 3 weeks , I just gave up.
    If I failed in the previous technical interview, it's OK to told me the truth instead of letting me waiting for weeks and got nothing. It's not easy for me to go onsite interview, for I came from another city.

Interview Questions

• JVM
      java concurrency & multi-threading
      coding issues of Financial industry
      iso8583.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (New Delhi (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

Got an email from MasterCard and applied for the job. Got interview on next Saturday and attended 6 rounds including HR where they discussed on salary and other details. After that haven't got any revert from Hr
     After one month again got a call and they asked to take it forward. And then comes salary part again and they offered me very less which we discussed in HR round.

As I had already an offer for more package they tried to convince that we have brand name but I have denied the offer.

Please do check with candidate regarding expectations and the budget that you have for that position ,so that both can save their time .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune (India)).

Interview

The interview process was typically done as below:

1. Hands on Lab
    2. Technical Interview.
    3. Managerial.
    4. HR discussion.

All the above process are completed in two weeks time, If selected you will get a final offer letter via email.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

I found the job posting via career services at my school. Interviewed with 3 group heads. Mainly fit and each person described what their specific group does. I was asked mainly about my previous background and what my interests were. I was called a few days later by HR and asked which group I wanted to join, then I was given a formal offer to join the analyst program in the group of my choice.

Interview Questions

• Brief yourself
      common java collections
      framework related like spring and hibernate   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Singapore (Singapore)) in February 2017.

Interview

I have online hacker rank test and then was invited for face to face interview at MasterCard office. The onsite interview feedback was positive. But they didn't even communicate any further information regarding the interview feeback. This type of unprofessional behaviour was not expected from Mastercard, Singapore.

Interview Questions

• Java String/Data Structure Questions, Design related questions   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process is completely depend on managers here.
    They define the rounds and everything.
    If they are happy you will get the offer.

Please note that not the projects are technically good.