Mastercard Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 24 of over 930 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

There are 3 round of interview steps. 1) Technical Test for candidate 2) First Technical interview round 3) Manager Round interview 4) HR Interview or Salary Discussion After that you will get selected for Mastercard company.

Interview Questions
  • About java Technology and framework which you mentioned in CV.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard (New Delhi)

Interview

Total waste of time.... Got a call from MasterCard then after couple of days they shared one test link... After test, need to followup for a week or two then got positive feedback for it. After this they took 2 weeks to schedule first technical... That also I have cleared and then again 3 weeks to schedule next round... This round was also positive, in interview last section I was asked about expected salary how can I commute to office, about work from home almost everything HR asked before joining... But since then it's been 4th week and I am still waiting for feedback... Everytime I call or drop an email they don't bother to answer the calls or emails.... So unprofessional totally not expected from MasterCard.

Interview Questions
  • don't waste your time in giving interview for MasterCard...
3 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

Interview process is not senior developer friendly. I was interviewed by an Indian guy. Was very pressurised jumping from question to question. Wouldnt recommend because I dont think they have any serious intent of hiring at the end

Interview Questions
  • Asking probing questions about the app security of current company. Ethically they should not be asking this and putting pressure on interviewees to reveal such info
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

I was ghosted after three, hour-long technical interviews with four senior and principal engineers. I need to write 50 words to make this submission count, but that says everything needed about competence as an employer. Truly, best of luck.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2020

Interview

3 rounds were there. First Managerial round with 2 directors, second technical with manager and in the 3rd round there were 5 people excluding me. The interview happed on the weekly basis. In-spite of having great discussion with the panel in each round HR kept me dangle for about a month and when I escalated this issue to senior hiring HR, my HR finally replied that the position went on hold and if I am interested to wait for the position to reopen. I mean is that some kind of joke in this covid situation when people are having such tough time people like these make it even more worse. My advice not to attend their interviews because I think it's some kind of fun for them.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mastercard in Aug 2020

Interview

Interview was conducted in 3 rounds: 1. Online assessment 2. 1st Face-to-Face interview (Skype video call) for approx 1 hr 3. 2nd Face-to-Face interview (Skype video call) for approx 1 hr Each round was conducted on a weekly gap . It took 3 weeks and then i got to know that the position is on hold. It is very much disappointing with the interview culture of mastercard.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Feb 2020

Interview

They gave me TechGig coding challenge. I completed the test successfully. But surprisingly I did not get any response. When I enquired again, they told me I did not pass the test. She did not tell me any feedback. Looks like they hired unprofessional HR.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Sep 2019

Interview

I applied through the career portal. Got a call from the HR for a technical test. After completing the test. I was called for the F2F interview at MasterCard office. 1 round was a technical interview, which was easy. After that there was a managerial round where manager asked about experience and project. And told me that next round will be scheduled in next week with the senior manager through Skype. I did not get any response in next week and the HR did not respond after multiple followup emails. I got a call after one month that the interview is scheduled with the senior manager for next week. The senior manager asked about project and experience and explained me about the team and the work and the project i am supposed to work on. The interview was very positive. He told me that the HR will call me in next two days. I haven't got any call even after more than a month and the HR doesn't even care to respond to emails. Pathetic HRs. Worst Company.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

As a senior software engineer, I applied for the same position of Mastercard Shanghai China. Everything seems going well. We talked about JVM, java concurrency & multi-threading, coding issues of Financial industry, iso8583. After I finished the technical challenge of LRU cache algorithm, HR came in and told me sorry that leader is not in Shanghai(interview with the leader has arranged in Email), so you can leave now ,and waiting for the result. One week later, I asked for the result, HR said sorry just wait for another week, and so on for 2 or 3 weeks , I just gave up. If I failed in the previous technical interview, it's OK to told me the truth instead of letting me waiting for weeks and got nothing. It's not easy for me to go onsite interview, for I came from another city.

Interview Questions
  • JVM java concurrency & multi-threading coding issues of Financial industry iso8583.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune) in Apr 2019

Interview

Interview Process was unorganised - 3 rounds in a day F2F, 1 round again after a week abruptly and that too again F2F . 1 More round again after salary negotiation . HR person was appearing and disappearing continuously 1 month. Not a mature recruitment process specially salary negotiation .

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 24 Interviews