Mastercard Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in O Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (O Fallon, MO).

Interview

I had two interviews. First one was HR round and the other was with manager and a technical guy. More focus was given to the professional skills as I was interviewed for the entry level.

Interview Questions

• Interview questions are pretty straight forward. Most of the questions are related to the professional skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

Phone screen from the intern HR rep. After I answered a few questions about myself, I was offered a chance to speak with the hiring manager.

The phone interview with the hiring manager was good. For some reason, my ATT service kept dropping in and out, so I had to explain myself multiple times. The Manager and I were able to laugh it off and continue the convo. Received an offer a few days later.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my school's job board. Then, I was asked to do the on campus interview. Meanwhile I finished a long personality test (online). The interview was very pleasant, asking general questions in regard with the study, dream job, and why MasterCard.

A week later, I was invited to a on site interview in their Manhattan office. The interview lasted for about 5 hours, consisting a introduction on MasterCard, and a 4 hour long project. There were about 20 candidates, most of them are from ivy league schools.

After about two weeks, I was notified that I got no offer.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions been asked, all general easy questions. Kinda surprised me.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone and face to face was done. Asked some questions about which technologies i have experience with and I replied to their questions. Overall a nice experience. Interviewers were very friendly and I could see myself working with them.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

phone interview followed by a on site. Process took about 1 month. The on site interview lasted about a hour and a half. 2 members on the technical team..three managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experience. Basic Operating system questions.. Define a thread..define process.. Inter process communication... Some C++ questions.. Pointers..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

One thirty minute phone screen followed by one half hour behavioral interview that ended up being an hour (by my choice!). I requested to speak to my potential manager after being made an offer and was also able to speak with him for about an hour. Overall, a great interview experience. Everyone was nice and very willing to offer as much information as possible.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral interview questions. I was asked to describe a project that I had worked on (the challenges/rewards of said project), what my interests are, what I want to do when I graduate, if I would like to live in St. Louis, asked to talk about times I displayed leadership/took responsibility in a group project.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Princeton, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and then received word back about a week later about having a one on one interview at the career services in my school. The interview went alright. We talked about my resume and the company and then moved on to a technical question.

Interview Questions

• Given a query word, find a set of words, which uses the query word, which creates a palindrome   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Arranged through University, interviewed on campus, basic questions about your projects and previous experience. was interviewed in person by someone who works on the team, very friendly, casual interview, not too technical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mastercard (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was a 3 person panel which was relaxed given the format. They asked questions about qualifications, accomplishments and desires. The people were friendly and followed a specific list of questions which is expected of a large company.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard in September 2017.

Interview

I took the on campus interview this week. The interview itself was not difficult, but the interviewer was scary. From the very beginning when I was introducing myself, he seems disagreed with me. And when I was answering the interview questions, he was not smiling at all, playing his phone for some time and read emails for the other time. That made me nervous and failed to come up a solution for the final question. At last when I was asking questions, his answers were short and simple and it was embarrassing. And he ended the interview 10 minutes earlier.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about load balancer algorithm design. Quite simple.   Answer Question