Mastercard Summer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Summer Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds on campus, the third was over the phone. Various options when I applied through college. Different teams were hiring and I picked the one that appeared most interesting to me.

Interview Questions

• Basic knowledge of the payment industry and the payment process   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed on campus by a representative, followed up with a call from his manager. HR makes the final decisions based on their reviews. Called back one week after my on campus interview, and three days after my second round with the offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not much negotiation although I didn't try. Paid well, not like banking but well.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

First round was 30 minute on-campus interview. I talked with a business leader of the department I was interested in working for. I was asked mainly behavioral questions and had a nice conversation about advances in the payments industry at the end.

Made it to second round, which was a phone interview. However, there were connection issues during my scheduled interview time so I emailed the interviewer asking to reschedule. Only after I talked to my school's career services did the HR person email me back saying the interviewer did not plan on rescheduling. I know campus recruiting is a busy process but I found this to be very unprofessional on their part. It was unfair that I had made it to second round but was disqualified simply because of a connection error. I probably would not have heard back from them at all had I not gone out of my way to ask about their lack of communication.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

I applied through an employee referral-process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by one of the Managers. He seemed nice, but very rushed. Asked me about my interests, why MasterCard, and why consulting.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mastercard in March 2016.

Interview

Met the lead designer of the department at the school career fair. We hit it off. Did an on-campus interview. Was notified to second-round pretty soon. Had a phone second round which was 'crit an app' as well as some behavioral questions. Made it to the final round, but was unable to go. Overall good experience. Dealing with HR was not so good though.

Interview Questions

• The second round interviewer asked me to pick one of the several popular apps available on mobile. He then asked me to critique it by going through the different application screens and asking me about what should be improved.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

They give pretty lay back Interviews. A lot of personal questions. No technical questions. I interviewed with two software teams for internship positions and end up liking both. There is also a half hour tour around the campus after the interview session. Remember to bring a phone ID to pass the security check.

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied through college career center, and got a first round interview, going over resumes and personality questions. Just received final round offer. I will go to their O'fallon site for the final interview.
    I'll know more by the end of this month

Anonymous Employee in O'Fallon, MO

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mastercard (O'Fallon, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Initial interview on campus and then a set of interviews at their office in O'fallon with a tour of the building. Interviewed with each team considering taking me on as an intern.

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in April 2017.

Interview

very easy process, started by submitting an application to my university's career page and then was reached out to for a 30 minute phone interview. It took around 5 days for them to extend an offer

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, what are you most proud of on your resume, classic behaviorals   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard in October 2016.

Interview

I had phone interviews with 3 managers from different teams. Each interview was about 30-45 minutes. They asked mostly behavioral questions and focused on my experience listed in my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you found it challenging to work in a team?   Answer Question