Mastercard Vice President Interview Questions

Updated May 8, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 912 interviews

2.6
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mastercard

Anonymous Employee in Karāchi

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mastercard (Karāchi)

Interview

It started with recruiter contacting me to the first interview which was more for screening purpose. After which an interview was arranged with line manager. I had one interview with a Division President and one with a Group Head. Finally I had an interview with VP HR. After which I was given offer.

Interview Questions
  • How would you align your self with new markets?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Mumbai) in Feb 2021

Interview

Level one Technical , Level two Manager and Level three HR. Face to face interview using teams and then discussion with Talent Acquisition team. Process also included a technical session on operation design, SDLC, Project Delivery, focus on people management, cloud services, !2 Factor Compliance

Interview Questions
  • Technical, Cultural and People Management

Anonymous Employee in Pune

Application

I interviewed at Mastercard (Pune)

Interview

I had a good experience, all the required stakeholder evaluated me on my understanding of the role, my capability and value I can bring on the table. My ability to move ahead and grow in the organisation. All assessment questions were apt and in line with the role.

Interview Questions
  • Assessment was more on my attitude, ability to manage complexity and skill

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England, England) in Apr 2019

Interview

I applied for a VP role online and 3.5 weeks later, I had a screening call with an internal recruiter. Two weeks later, I had a skype call with the Hiring Manager. Two and half weeks after that, I had not heard back from MC and so I logged onto the careers site to discover that the Company had “chosen another candidate”. Over a week later, I emailed the internal recruiter for confirmation that MC did not wish to progress my application only to be told that he was due to meet with the Hiring Manager that day to “discuss next steps” thereby implying that I was still in the running for the role which I kniew was not the case (as he confirmed the following day). I was surprised at how protracted the process was but I was more disappointed at not having been treated in an honest and straightforward way.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Singapore) in Jan 2019

Interview

One of the worst experience I've had! Talent management team was unprofessional. They seem not bothered at all. Met 1:1 hiring manager, panel etc. but never came across the talent team! All communication was over a call or email and they seem not interested in meeting the candidate. After 3 rounds of interviews, i tried to get an update, but over months no answer. Someone at the mgmt needs to rattle the cage. If they want cream of talent, they need to work hard.

Interview Questions
  • Usual people management, payment and industry related.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Mastercard (New York, NY) in Apr 2017

Interview

Good process and moved quickly. Everyone was nice and positive. The offer was clear and had good benefits and ESOP program. It was a new position for a new role so there was some initial confusion.

Interview Questions
  • Review relevant work experience and how it related to this opportunity

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Toronto, ON)

Interview

Interview phase was direct and focused. There were a large number of interviews which seems to be typical for companies of this size and those working in the financial industry. Met a good cross-section of senior people and a good idea of the responsibilities each leader had before the end of the interview process.

6 people found this interview helpful

Mastercard

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard

Interview

I was recruited for a position by senior managements. It was one of the strangest experiences I have ever had in the actual interview. I was not asked any pertinent questions about my background or career path/objectives. It seemed more like they were trying to sell me on coming to work for them. I understand why they have a reputation for being a revolving door.

Interview Questions
  • There were no difficult or unexpected questions which was very unexpected.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Miami, FL) in Jul 2013

Interview

Lengthy without clear feedback. Was interviewed in person by direct manager, his boss, and one other HR person. Final interview was with the regional president. During salary discussions, the HR representative provided a higher (incorrect) number than the actual position offered. They did not accommodate the error. The interviewers were very friendly. There wasn't much structure. One of the interviews with the SVP was via Skype.

Interview Questions
  • Don't recall. Standard questions on background and not structured interview.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in Jul 2013

Interview

Normal interview process, friendly people, multiple rounds. No out of the box questions. Interview process could be shortened, especially because company headquarters is in Purchase and if interviewing while on another job. People were nice and I met people from many business units which gives you a good overview of the company.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with the commute?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews