Mastercard Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Mastercard Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Mastercard

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Miami, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

Lengthy without clear feedback. Was interviewed in person by direct manager, his boss, and one other HR person. Final interview was with the regional president. During salary discussions, the HR representative provided a higher (incorrect) number than the actual position offered. They did not accommodate the error. The interviewers were very friendly. There wasn't much structure. One of the interviews with the SVP was via Skype.

Interview Questions

• Don't recall. Standard questions on background and not structured interview.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Mastercard

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview via HR. You get screened by the recruiter who is not the easiest or fastest to deal with. My recruiter was junior at best and asked very basic questions. People I interviewed with were personable and open. Come prepared.

Interview Questions

• Standard interview. Managers provided a guide to follow   Answer Question

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard in January 2013.

Interview

Hiring process is soooo long. You come in for an interview with HR. Come Back for a few other people. Come back for more.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Vice President Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard.

Interview

I was recruited for a position by senior managements. It was one of the strangest experiences I have ever had in the actual interview. I was not asked any pertinent questions about my background or career path/objectives. It seemed more like they were trying to sell me on coming to work for them. I understand why they have a reputation for being a revolving door.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions which was very unexpected.   1 Answer

This was a very amateurish part of MasterCard. I cannot imagine they will be allowed to operate in this loose way for very long.

Anonymous Employee in Purchase, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Purchase, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Normal interview process, friendly people, multiple rounds. No out of the box questions. Interview process could be shortened, especially because company headquarters is in Purchase and if interviewing while on another job. People were nice and I met people from many business units which gives you a good overview of the company.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with the commute?   1 Answer

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mastercard (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview phase was direct and focused. There were a large number of interviews which seems to be typical for companies of this size and those working in the financial industry. Met a good cross-section of senior people and a good idea of the responsibilities each leader had before the end of the interview process.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied for a VP role online and 3.5 weeks later, I had a screening call with an internal recruiter. Two weeks later, I had a skype call with the Hiring Manager. Two and half weeks after that, I had not heard back from MC and so I logged onto the careers site to discover that the Company had “chosen another candidate”. Over a week later, I emailed the internal recruiter for confirmation that MC did not wish to progress my application only to be told that he was due to meet with the Hiring Manager that day to “discuss next steps” thereby implying that I was still in the running for the role which I kniew was not the case (as he confirmed the following day). I was surprised at how protracted the process was but I was more disappointed at not having been treated in an honest and straightforward way.

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mastercard (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2019.

Interview

One of the worst experience I've had! Talent management team was unprofessional. They seem not bothered at all. Met 1:1 hiring manager, panel etc. but never came across the talent team! All communication was over a call or email and they seem not interested in meeting the candidate. After 3 rounds of interviews, i tried to get an update, but over months no answer. Someone at the mgmt needs to rattle the cage. If they want cream of talent, they need to work hard.

Interview Questions

• Usual people management, payment and industry related.   1 Answer