Matalan Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Matalan Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Matalan Retail

2.1

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Dartford, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Interview only lasted around 15 minutes and the interviewer was really nice and welcoming. Asked basic interview questions and details about availability. I was offered the job around two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What store other than matalan do you believe offers good customer service?   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied in person and recieved a phone call a couple of weeks later giving me an interview. Taken into the staffs dinning area to sit and wait for 10 minutes whilst the manager 'prepared'. It was a quick and informal interview with gereral questions.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Just a chat, what experience i had, what hours i wanted, flexibility in hours, no questions what skills i had, unable to answer any of my questions for what i would like. Waste of time

Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail.

Interview

easy, relaxed, short. no dress code seemed more for the paperwork than to actually see if i suited the job. i was just filling a space essentially. very very easy

Interview Questions

• would you feel confident talking to customers about the company.   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Hull, England (UK)) in August 2018.

Interview

Picked an outfit and general questions
    Make sure you ask the person questions on what they would like there outfit to be like. Even stupid things like saying you think a colour complete there skin tone and stuff will make you sound good

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job?
      What are your core values?
      Also asked about family as matalan like them or something
      Also asked about holidays   Answer Question

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverpool, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Liverpool, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

friendly and positive vibes, came across as a good company to work for with a lot of potential to grown within the business. All around good. I felt comfortable and at ease, not at all nervous- this was due to my interviewer having a positive attitude towards me.

Interview Questions

• why would you like to work for Matalan   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Southampton, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview was held in a hotel due to the shop not being open yet. We had to bring someone to the interview that best represented us. To begin with we had to introduce ourselves holding our item that represented us. We had a group interview to start with sat opposite the six managers. They asked a question and everyone had to give their own answers in front of everyone. We then had a role play in groups to act out a scenario. After we individually got called into a separate room for one to one questioning.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (London, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I handed my CV in and got a call back the same day asking me to come to an interview the following saturday. There were around 15 of us around a table. We were given name tags and did around 3 activities. First we were asked if we knew anything about the company. Next, we had to throw a ball with a series of questions on , whatever question our thumb landed on , we had to answer. e.g. whats your 3 favourite foods. Then we did another activity where we had to remove items from their packaging without damaging it and then put them back in again. After , we all filled in a short questionnaire and put our availability down. There were around 3 interviewers who were all very nice. We weren't interviewed individually. I got the job but had to decline due to the astonishingly low pay for 17 year olds - £3.88

Interview Questions

• what do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Lincoln, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

After taking my cv into the store i received the call to go for the interview.
    I went in and was asked questions about my past experience etc and why I wanted to work there. I then had to fill in forms to say when I would be available to work if I was selected.
    Within a couple of days I had a phone call to offer me a small contract which is what they start everybody on.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Northwich, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Matalan Retail (Northwich, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Applied in person, then was invited for an interview, and I had to discuss in a group how I would persuade a customer to register for a loyalty card. I then had a personal interview about myself, and was offered a job a week later

Interview Questions

• How much do you expect to get paid   1 Answer