MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MathWorks

1,157 Interview Reviews

2.6

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in October 2018.

Interview

There were overall 4 rounds of interview. First step was a video interview with pre-recorded questions. The second step was a Hackerrank coding challenge with general math part, and two parts on two programming languages you choose. I was surprised to get called for the next step because I thought I did average, but a week later I received an email to set up a time for a technical interview. Most of the questions for the interview have already been posted here so just gotta make sure you read through the questions here and study a bit forehand. After the technical interview (about a week later), I got an email from a manager for the last round of interview process which was the managerial interview. It was a nontechnical, purely behavioral interview where they wanna get an idea of your future plans. After that interview I didn't hear back for a week and when I checked their job portal saw "match not ideal at this time". I got disappointed to come this far only to be rejected. :/

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks in September 2018.

Interview

First round Video Interview, very standard questions but be careful on the timing, mostly you only have 2 minutes. Second round online assessment, you got 5 math problems, followed by two 30 min sections of Programming language of your choice. I chose C++ and MATLAB. C++ composes of few multiple choices and 2 coding. MATLAB is straight up multiple choices.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the class project that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Durham, NC) in September 2018.

Interview

Got the 1st round interview invitation one day after online submission.
    All behavior questions in 1st round.
    Now in preparation for the 2nd round (HackerRank).
    Suspect that both the 1st and 2nd interview are processed automatically.
    I used Safari to record videos for 1st interview. It crashed 2 times, but the recorded video were saved, so you don't have to start over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks (Medford, MA) in September 2018.

Interview

My friend in Mathworks referred me and I got the phone interview after two weeks. There is no technical questions, just normal background check questions like, how much do you know about this position, tell me a project you have worked on, etc.

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in September 2018.

Interview

After I applied online, I got the screen interview invitation. They processed the application very quickly. First round is screen interview. The interview does not cover any technical questions. It just asked some behavior question.

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you interest in Mathworks? 2.Why do you apply this job? 3. What skills make you feel fit for this job? 4. GPA 5. VISA   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Interview

The process involve video recording, OA and technical phone interview. Waiting for next step.

The phone interview takes about an hour. I selected control system, C++, python and linear algebra. The questions are not hard.

Interview Questions

• What is the advantage of OOP?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2019.

Interview

First round - recorded video interview about general questions ( why do you think you are a good fit for this position? your gpa? what was the proudest moment in your career so far? what have you achieved so far in your career/academics)
    Second round - received an email about a hackerrank coding challenge. You can choose either MATLAB/Python or C,Cpp/Java/Javascript. You can either do 2 languages or you can try to solve all the questions. 166 minutes for the entire coding challenge.

Interview Questions

• MATLAB: Stem plots , what does gcf do .
      C/CPP : inheritance, shape class coding question
      Python: different ways of calling a function   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2018.

Interview

First round, HR call, mostly behavior questions.
    Second round, online test, mostly focus on math and coding
    Third round, technical interview, including coding and other area such as control theory/dsp etc.
    I am still in this round. Will update later

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the position? Why do you think you fit the position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2018.

Interview

The interview process was moderate. They first do an HR screening. After that, they send you a coding challenge which doesn't require you to score super high or anything.
    After that is a phone technical interview with everything. Basic concepts in programming and Electrical engineering. It was fun but they require you to get a very high percentage of answers right. I guess I didn't, so I received an update from the HR after a couple of days saying that they went another way.

Interview Questions

• DSP questions and Linear Algebra   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

First is a HR phone interview, then a technical phone interview about 1 hour. Now I received a non-technical manager phone interview. In the technical phone interview, the recruiter will ask questions on what programming languages you choose in the OA.

Interview Questions

• HR: Visa status; Why interested; Introduce one of the project   Answer Question