MathWorks Applications Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MathWorks

1,157 Interview Reviews

2.6

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2018.

Interview

1) First round basic HR questions, 5 questions
2) Second round is a hackerrank test which includes different sections
2) Third round is a phone interview with shared screen on HackerankX,

Interview Questions

• 1) Design a parking lot
    2) Given a linked list, return kth node from the end of linkedlist
    3) Javascript basic questions
    4) Questions on BigO
    5) Probability questions and Permutation combinations
    6) Java OOP concepts   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in March 2018.

Interview

Video round
    Telephonic round
    Onsite round(Standard Java GC Questions + Python reference questions + 2 Coding Questions + Design + Manager + HR)
    I was interviewed(onsite) for this position in March 2018. The recruiter is very rude he doesn't even respond to the thank you email. I never got any response even at least the standard rejection email from Mathworks, they just updated in their website after a week. Such an unprofessional attitude. I even doubt the work they make people do as an ASE. People put so much effort and preparation to reach until onsite(at least) they should at least be polite with candidates.

Interview Questions

• Arrays, Graphs( Interview cake should be good enough). You should prepare for the interview though. Those tricky questions no one can solve unless you saw them before.   1 Answer

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through career fair.

Process started with brief call on behavioral question, followed by hackerrank coding challenge.
    Didn't liked the coding interface, so make sure you know test interface properly, I made this mistake. Questions on C/C++, MATLAB, basic maths. Really easy for those who are fast with coding and solving.

Interview Questions

• Round1: what do I look for while applying to a position?
      Round2: next Largest permutation of string, object oriented programming.
      Round3: Queue using stacks, macros, Matlab loop optimization, enum, OOD for restaurant reservations.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Interview

This is a video interview. There are 5 questions, and 2 mins for each questions. All these questions are non-tech questions. This is more list TOEFL speaking part. Question like your GPA and how your experiences fit to this position

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2017.

Interview

HR questions - set of 5 questions as posted in glassdoor already. Technical phone round is for an hour, basic questions asked like Inverse of a matrix, basic c and c++ questions etc.

Interview Questions

• There wasn't any difficult question asked in the interview. it was easy, but have to be confident on basic concepts in Math, control systems, c,c++ etc.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Interview

First round is the non-technical phone interview then comes the coding round and after that a technical round. I have only finished the first two rounds and have my technical round next week. The coding round is a bit tough especially the matlab questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my background , my project and what are my interests.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in February 2017.

Interview

C++:
      some multiple choice questions and tow coding question;
        basic concepts about pointer, null pointer, class inheritance.
    will it compile or not, why will it or why not. if yes what is the output.
    code is about pointers, function overloading with dynamic memory, class, pointer to base class with dynamic memory.

math questions: matrix identities, inverse of matrix, vector manipulation, limits: all the basics, some other linear algebra questions

Interview Questions

• C++:
        some multiple choice questions and tow coding question;
          basic concepts about pointer, null pointer, class inheritance.
          coding part: implementing class inheritance, max difference of two numbers on array   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online as a mechanical engineer, the system automatically put me in the application of Engineering Development Group (EDG) - Application Support Engineer. The process started by programming challenge on HackerRank a week after the application. 2 weeks after passing the programming challenge, a technical phone interview was conducted with one of their Application Support Engineer in EDG. The 1-hr phone interview solely tested on my technical skills.

The onsite interview happened 3 weeks after the phone call. The half-day interview started by technical interview with Application Support Engineers in EDG, talking with the hiring manager, then having lunch and tour with another Application Support Engineers, and in the last concluded by talking with a technical recruiter.

The technical recruiter promised that she would get back with decision in one week, but she never did so or replied to me. The application system showed "Match not ideal at this time".

Interview Questions

• All technical interviews consisted with:
      One focus area that you feel most comfortable with. Options include:
      ·         Object Oriented Design- software design, advanced  OOP concepts
      ·         Control Systems-  classical control, modern control, and non-linear systems
      ·         Signals Processing- concepts such as aliasing, convolution, and transforms
      ·         Embedded Systems- Real Time Operating Systems, scheduling, and general OS concepts
      Programming concepts - Programming constructs, data structures, object oriented programming concepts. Any 2 of the following 4 choices in programming languages:
      ·         C/C++
      ·         MATLAB or Python
      ·         Java
      ·         Web Programming (JavaScript, HTML/HTML5, XML)
      Math, problem-solving and application of
      ·         discrete math, computation, and algorithm theory etc., OR
      ·         calculus, differential equations, and linear algebra etc.   Answer Question
    • What is your weak point that you think your references will feedback? by technical recruiter HR   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Cincinnati, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

1st stage: Set of 5-6 basic questions asking about your gpa, visa status, time management skills, reason for applying to the post etc.
    2nd stage: hackerrank coding exam including math questions related to probability, matlab questions asking you for outputs (relational operators, logical operators etc.), c++ section had two coding questions, one was simple class and inheritance based, other one was a bit tricky related to string sorting. c++ section also asked for code outputs.

Interview Questions

• what does gca do? what does gcf do? stem plots. relational operators in matlab. different ways to call a function.
      work-time problems. flipping of cards probability question. function differentiation.
      pointers, reference variables, c++ code outputs.   Answer Question

Applications Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2017.

Interview

I was on the first round of phone interview, just a very short interview ( about 10 minutes ) to introduce the basics of the job, applicant's qualification, and they will give time for answering questions.