MathWorks Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

My process lasted a solid 2 plus months from start to finish. I applied online and got a call from the hiring manager to set up a 30 min call with her. We had the call the next week and it went well mostly on background and interest level. Then did a call with the recruiter cover some housekeeping issues, some discussion of why do you want this job, etc. Also got into salary to see if we were both in the same range. We were not. But she agreed to check on it to see if there was room to move. There was and we went on to some on site interviews with the hiring manger and another person in the department. Again mostly back ground and experience and the why do want this job question. Everything seemed solid. They said they had other candidates filtering in so it would be a week or so before I knew if I was invited back. I was.

Part of the MW process is a presentation and then 1:1 interviews with 6-10 people. I had 8. I prepared a presentation directly related to work I had done that fit the job. It was 45 minutes. Then off to the 1:1s which were a 360 collection of stakeholders, a culture fit person and the recruiter. Also met with a VP. The questions were part classic interview and part related to what they wanted to know. They each had a sheet of questions. Ended up with hiring manger again at the end and everything seem great. But they had a some other people coming in a couple of weeks. Got a call the next day though from the recruiter saying she wanted to initiate a reference check and background check. I agreed and sent of the paper work back the list of references. My references got back to me saying it was a pretty structured call. Scales of 1-5 rate this person creativity, writing, etc. One reference said I should expect an offer soon.

2 weeks go by nothing, 3 - nothing. I ping the hiring manger and recruiter and eventually she gets back me with an email saying they are looking elsewhere.

I will rate this as a negative experience. It was a lot of time and preparation and work. I gave them access to background and references, a move that usually means we want to hire you - we just want to be certain.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Boston, MA) in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by a friend at the end of June. After two weeks, I got an email from HR and asked me some questions about my past experience etc. Then after 4 weeks, I got a call from Hiring Manager and talked about my past experience. It seemed that my experience was kinda different from the job requirement. He needed to check with the hiring team if they can accommodate it. Then the Worst part is the endless waiting time: it took almost two months. I got the rejection email from HR. I suggest not to wait for them. Their process is very very long.

Interview Questions

• What is your past experience? Any related projects or domain experience?   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

All three interviews were on phone, pretty informal.
    The questions were focused on my background and checked whether I fit the company and the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied online for this advertised opening. I had one phone interview, possibly with the recruiter, then was asked in for an onsite interview. I had to develop and give a relevant presentation for the position. This was then followed by several one on one interviews with people related to position, and with hiring manager. It was hard to get feedback. Sometime after, the recruited indicated that they were pursuing other candidates.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in May 2012.

Interview

Presentation in front of all interviewers by interviewee. Followed by 1-on-1 meetings with each interviewer. Met with 6 people. Full day process. HR followed up with all references. They require speaking with 3 references to proceed. HR was very helpful and the interview process, although lengthy, was fair and professional. They have an excellent interview process.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2017.

Interview

telephonic interview with hiring manager. Was asked basic questions on work experience and what I was expecting from the role. I was told that I would be contacted by someone for the next round. The HR got back after a week and said they were on a hiring freeze and would get back later. The approach seemed very unprofessional.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA).

Interview

I was referred internally by an employee. Hiring Manager contacted me and was nice to talk to. He liked my experience and wanted me to talk to an engineer (not an eng manager). This interview sucked with the engineer asking me questions based on MS and was almost like an engineering interview. Based on what I gathered, engineers define the products and the product manager role is just a placeholder to communicate with customers. It is so engineering driven that it would not be a good place to work for a product manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about different image processing filters, how do you design an antenna etc   Answer Question