MathWorks Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MathWorks Quality Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MathWorks

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was mainly about java and sql since that was what the position demanded. It was not that tough since I was thoroughly prepared to answer questions about both the technologies. I was also asked some behavioral questions and prepared a presentation for onsite after which I had 4 rounds of onsite. Pretty easy and smooth interview.

Interview Questions

• When was the time you did not know something about the work given to you and what did you do to deal with it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in November 2018.

Interview

Interview process took more than two months. Overall, it was a great experience. First interview involved a call with the Manager in which basic C/MATLAB questions were asked. Further interviews involved coding tests and then an onsite interview where whole profile was tested and a presentation was taken.

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA).

Interview

- 2 phone screening
    - 1 on-site technical interview.
       - On-site interview was for 5 to 6 hours
       - Interviewed by 5 team members.
       - They will ask you to give a presentation. This to avoid same "clarification" questions later
          during the interview by multiple interviewers. Also this is good chance to impress people.
      - HR interview will be the last
      - Includes lunch interview

Interview Questions

• General OOPS, MATLAB coding, academic project related questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

It started with basic resume related questions and then coding exercise. He wanted to know more about the kind of work I have done that aligns with the position. Try to focus on skills that are mentioned in the job profile. It was my first interview so I tried to learn everything possible but that never helps.

Interview Questions

• Question to code struct in MATLAB and matrix related coding exercise.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MathWorks in March 2013.

Interview

Very cool, test logical and analytical, test interest and cultural fit, make you feel very comfortable, you can talk to employees there and know their feedback. People are very friendly and cool

Interview Questions

• Logical questions, they only look at how you approach it, not the solution as such   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MathWorks (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The head of the team called me for a one hour phone interview. Mainly questions came from C++ and Matlab. Not coding, but conceptual questions, followed by some standard questions - where do you see yourself in 5 years, strengths, weaknesses etc. Pretty basic. C++ questions were very simple - mostly things like explain polymorphism, explain OOP to a layman, what is the difference between ++i and i++, how does switch case work. From matlab, matrix manipulation, what do you not like about matlab and want to change.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism, explain OOP to a layman, explain how switch case works.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First the HR will call you and ask about your resume. I got the onsite interview after 2 weeks. Second interview, the manager ask me to go through the project in the resume and ask about the detail about it.

Interview Questions

• The principle of PID control system. How do you test if you have the control system?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

2 Phone Interviews, 1 Site Interview, and a 45 minutes presentation.

The questions were easy, but they were tricky.
    MATLAB, C, and C++ in dept experience. Some questions were more developer like.
    This company does not pay well, and people did not seem cool to work with. There were a lot of Indian people.

Interview Questions

• given a factorial equation
      f(n) = n*f(n-1)   Answer Question
    • Given a couple of broken C++ files
      - Tell line by line what it is doing
      - Is there anything wrong with each line

Implement the factorial algorithm in MATLAB -> Sort the factorial -> Save the .mat file -> load it back on   1 Answer

Better Offer From a Another Company

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in February 2012.

Interview

Phone Screen
    - 3 phone interview

On site
    1 presentation (1 hour)
    5 people - 1:1 interview (9:00 ~ 2:00)

Interview Questions

• Can you trust unit test
      How much
      any what could be wrong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Asked salary match since offer was lower than current salary.

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Very intense - 1 presentation to a group of around 10 people, followed by one on one rounds with 5 people

Interview Questions

• All the areas of the questions were expected but quite challenging   Answer Question