MathWorks Quality Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 10, 2017

2.8

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MathWorks (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

The head of the team called me for a one hour phone interview. Mainly questions came from C++ and Matlab. Not coding, but conceptual questions, followed by some standard questions - where do you see yourself in 5 years, strengths, weaknesses etc. Pretty basic. C++ questions were very simple - mostly things like explain polymorphism, explain OOP to a layman, what is the difference between ++i and i++, how does switch case work. From matlab, matrix manipulation, what do you not like about matlab and want to change.

Interview Questions

• What is polymorphism, explain OOP to a layman, explain how switch case works.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MathWorks

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First the HR will call you and ask about your resume. I got the onsite interview after 2 weeks. Second interview, the manager ask me to go through the project in the resume and ask about the detail about it.

Interview Questions

• The principle of PID control system. How do you test if you have the control system?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in September 2015.

Interview

Had an interview with the hiring manager - 30 min call.
    HR round -20 min call
    Selected for the next steps which include presentation and one on one interviews with the team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      How much of coding do you know?
      What is unit testing?
      What kind of test cases did you execute on your previous job?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MathWorks in April 2015.

Interview

Receive a call from a nice lady. Most of the questions were based on my previous answers. There were some questions I didn't expect. Still awaiting their decision for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Questions: Tell me about the points in your resume that you want to stress; How much time have you spent in coding; Describe a good and a bad projects; Why the bad project is bad. Also some questions related to the job description.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks.

Interview

Technical Phone interview. Knowledge-based questions.
    1, Difference between Java and C++ as regards memory management. Detailed questions about garbage collector in Java.
    2, Override v.s overload
    3, What is DOM

Interview Questions

• Every skill you wrote in your "skills" section in my resume is being asked   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Presentation in front of the interview team. Followed by individual team member interview

Interview Questions

• Technical question can get difficult but nothing you can't handle if you go prepared   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Interview

Very intense - 1 presentation to a group of around 10 people, followed by one on one rounds with 5 people

Interview Questions

• All the areas of the questions were expected but quite challenging   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in August 2013.

Interview

a phone interview by group manager. She is kind. There are questions on java. I am not cs background. Get an rejection because I am not familar with Java.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

I had a single technical phone interview. It was a two person panel and they went over my resume and some coding and technical aspects.The response from the officials was quick and informative. Well, even the decision that I wasn't a ideal match was quick too.

Interview Questions

• What are handles in matlab and how are they used?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Natick, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MathWorks (Natick, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

Initial Phone Screen, Technical phone interview, Programming interview and HR phone interview.
    Onsite: Presentation followed by 5 one to one interviews including HR. Interviewers were mostly cool and friendly.There are occasional hard questions.Didn't answer all the questions,but able to make it.

Interview Questions

• Write a program to find no of common tangents to two circles   Answer Question