Mathematica Policy Research Interview Questions in Princeton, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 14, 2017

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with one HR and 3 managers of the group I'd be working with. All were friendly and had nice conversations about my resume and career interests. No difficult questions. Also took an easy Excel assessment test

Interview Questions

• What are your long term career goals, and how could this internship at Mathematica fit into them?   Answer Question

Program Associate Interview

Application

Interview

Initial phone interview with 3 staff members, fairly standard and largely conversational. Followed by a full-day interview in the office with multiple interviews across the organization. Also largely conversational and standard questions.

Interview Questions

• How does this position fit with your long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • What experience do you have with project management?   Answer Question

Project Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

Short interview over the phone, followed by group interview with about 15 other candidates and several managers from the project. There really weren't any questions other than that.

Field Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

MPR hosts group interviews for their candidates. First you're interviewed by phone, then if you pass that hurdle you are scheduled for the group. At the interview the HR staff, operations Mgr and the immediate supervisors are present, they are a very nice group of women. The interview is not intimidating if you don't mind speaking to a room full of people. Pertinent questions are asked not just about your skills but about your interests, your life balance etc. You are also given a history of the company. Altogether not a bad experience.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel comfortable speaking to strangers on the phone?   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

The first step in the process is a phone interview. I spoke to a recruiter over the phone. He was very kind and easy to talk to. He asked me about why I wanted to work for Mathematica, what my past experience was like, what programming languages I have worked with, what software I have used, and my immigration status.

Health Program Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Contacted for a phone and in-person interview about one month following online application. Phone screening interview with the hiring manager was followed by an invitation to arrive for a series of in-person interviews, consisting mostly of 1-on-1's. Was VERY impressed with the overall professionalism of the entire hiring process. All the conversations felt very natural yet focused. HR was very transparent and communicative through the process. Due to another potential offer I had to withdraw my application before a hiring decision could be made, but it was not an easy decision to make. Walked out with a deep respect for the company.

Health Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

You first get scheduled for a telephone interview, which lasts about half an hour. It is very conversational, and you get to discuss a bit about your experience and skills. You then find out within a week or two if you will be invited for an office interview, which pretty much involves a full day of meeting potential colleagues and "superiors" at the office. It is, again, very conversational and actually a great interview experience. You get to learn a great deal of details about past and ongoing projects, and can ask many different questions throughout the day.

Interview Questions

• "What led you to apply to Mathematica?"   1 Answer

Survey Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I had an initial telephone interview that was followed by a full-day interview about a month later (this was due to a combination of full schedule on my part and somewhat limited availability of HR on theirs; I got the feeling they'd have preferred to have it sooner). The full-day interview consisted of interviews (some group, some 1:1) with people at various positions (same position, slightly senior, supervisors, etc.). They all asked pretty much the same questions as each other.

Program Associate III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process very much mirrors academia in that you should expect to meet with several people in a variety of positions. It is a rigorous interview process but also laid back in some ways. They are obviously very concerned with choosing people who will fit with the organizational culture. Try your best to remain calm, present, and connect with each interviewer.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember questions because it was so long ago.   Answer Question

Technical Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mathematica Policy Research (Princeton, NJ) in December 2014.

Interview

Quite straightforward. First I had a phone interview, which was an overview of my experiences and resume in full detail. Then the second round was a group interview in the presence of other interviewees, each of us had to mention our background and strengths and experience, then went through a slideshow about the study we interviewed for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was straightforward. $15/hr