Mather Lifeways Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mather Lifeways

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Wilmette, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed by 3 different personnel and was asked very similar questions by each of the interviewers. They read all of their questions off of a standard list of interview questions and tried really hard to thoroughly interview me. They tried their best to make you feel comfortable, but it was a bit annoying being called back for secondary interviews a month after the first one. They also asked a lot of situational questions and asked for examples.

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Long, there were several "Layers" of interviews overall they were very good and the results are a good cohesive team. Question from the different Interviewers did seem repetitive but overall great process.

Interview Questions

• Why make the change from you currant roll to a retirement facility of this size.   Answer Question

Concierge Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Tucson, AZ) in May 2013.

Interview

You go to HR and fill out an application. You will speak with either the Director of HR or HR assistant about what you're looking for and your availability. They'll ask you a few standard interview questions and then schedule you an interview with a manager from the department you're applying to.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a dissatisfied resident or visitor?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I think that the interview was more of a formality. It was unlikely that the company was going to pay the fee that goes along with hiring a candidate from a staffing agency.

One of my interviewers was more than 15 minutes late. Another interviewer was unshaven and interviewed me in an unused office that was used for storage.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced in the work place and what did you do to resolve them?   1 Answer

Security Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmette, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Wilmette, IL) in July 2011.

Interview

They were opening a new facility in Wilmette Illinois and an employment agency sent me to see the Building Maintenance Director. The interview was conducted in the new building while construction was going on and was done with great care and understanding. I believe they were looking for a person who would be able to relate to new retired senior citizens and provide them outstanding services even on the level of a startup position. They liked the fact that immediate responses to questions were forthcoming and honest. I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel you can work with and for active residents?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

I had a 30 minute phone screening for an accountant position. At the end of the phone screening, I was asked to come in for an interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week and I met with 3 people. Each interview took about 45 minutes and consisted of one full page of canned questions such as "tell me about a time when you made a good judgement?". The office is beautiful and modern, the people seemed laid back, and nice. The work culture seems to be pleasant. Too bad I never heard back from them despite sending them multiple emails for status or feedback.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time when you made a good judgement?   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with difficult people?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in May 2011.

Interview

At first I had a phone interview with the HR person who soon called me back and offered me to come in for a formal interview. I accepted. I came in early in the morning and was interviewed by 3 peopel including the HR person who basically validated my parking and asked how I felt the process went. The first person I met with went well. The the second person I met had a list of quesitons and didn't let me answer them completely before moving onto the next question. I still left there feeling pretty good. A week later I received an email saying they went with another candidate. Then a month later I see the same job posting listed online.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mather Lifeways (Evanston, IL) in January 2010.

Interview

1. Prescreening interview lasted 20 minutes.
    2. Onsite interview with 3 separate executives took a cumulative 2.5 hours

The HR staff read from prepared questions, the other interviewer was more informal and less prepared. This was an after-hours interview, which I don't recommend, as it didn't allow me to see the office environment as I would have liked.

Interview Questions

• Describe your strengths and weaknesses. A typical interview question, it kind of put me off.   Answer Question