Matheson Tri-Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Matheson Tri-Gas Interview Questions

Interviews at Matheson Tri-Gas

2.9

Logistics Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas.

Interview

After first interview they invited me back for a second one. Manager seemed very laid back, not to involved with employees ,and talked a lot about himself. Asked a lot of questions about my previous job and seemed to be very impressed. However, it’s as if these interviews were to get advice on how other companies dealt with things during transition. The employees spoke poorly about the manager and quite frankly, I’m glad they didn’t call back. They all said there was so much turnover, because of the manager and another employee that is buddy buddy with him. I hope they get some Management in there to alleviate the unprofessional behavior.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and some things you’ve accomplished at your previous job.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas (Irving, TX) in September 2018.

Interview

The HM called me about a month after to applied and we did a phone interview. I was offered to come in for an in person Interview a few days later. The interview was set up quickly with professionalism when it came to making accommodations and the plane ticket. The face to face interview was with the manager and the VP of engineering. It was pretty easy and laid back. I answered some question that were situational and we had a lot of general conversation about the job. The interview was on Wednesday. The told me on Monday they would make an offer. I didn’t see the offer for 6 weeks. By that time I had interviewed with another company and received their offer. I decline Matheson offer because the salary was less that what I requested and the relocation was not a lump sum payment. The salary was actually a slap in my face considering my experience level and I had told them in the interview what I was expecting and they offered 20k less. I mentioned this to the hiring manager and tried to negotiate but the said no and so did I.

Interview Questions

• Tell is about a time a project got off track and what did you do to bring it back on track.   1 Answer

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas (Basking Ridge, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by Matheson and discussed position and interest level. Telephone interview followed by an in-person interview at the corporate headquarters in New Jersey. Everything went smoothly. Had a great time interviewing!

Interview Questions

• General questions about my background. Face-to-face interviews with four people at Corporate.   1 Answer

Safety Sales Specialty Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas in November 2017.

Interview

Interviewed for a Safety Sales Specialist and was provided a job offer. I declined the offer and Matheson refused to pay for my hotel stay and transportation to and from the aiport (total cost of $400)! Unethical Company and I would stay away!!!

Interview Questions

• About my past history in the safety business?   1 Answer

OUTSIDE SALES Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swatara, PA

Interview

Recruiter was extremely pushy and I was basically forced into an interview without even learning about the position. I received an offer from another company prior to the interview and cancelled the interview in a very polite fashion. The response I received was EXTREMELY unprofessional. After that display of unprofessional behavior, I am confident I made a good decision in not moving forward with this company.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked prior to the interview "what is your biggest accomplishment in your sales career?"   Answer Question

Production Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waverly, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas (Waverly, NE).

Interview

The interview was smooth and easy flowing. I loved what I did so it was easy to answer any questions.The main concern of Matheson is safety first and that to me was a big plus.

Interview Questions

• Past work history in gas packaging industry? Where did I see myself in five years?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with regional manager. In face with regional and then regional VP. Also one quick FaceTime conversation before the offer was made. It was kind of unconventional. Just don’t mention any ambitions to grow in the company.

Interview Questions

• Give one example when you had to seek help from an other person to complete a task.   1 Answer

Router Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas (Irving, TX).

Interview

Think that it's an awesome idea that they have you come in on the 2nd round interview and shadow someone in same position to get a 1st hand taste for what all you'd be doing and to get to pick the brain of someone that is living the position I'm trying to get. I think that you never really know what to expect until 1st hand get to experience whether or not it's a good career move for both them and myself. I go in the morning.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable dealing with a sometimes abrasive environment?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you constantly adapting to a changing environment? Give me an example of how you dealt with a changing policy or procedure?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience building/creating loads as well as dispatching them out. Name some of the logistics software that you have experience working with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am going for the 2nd interview tomorrow morning and I am really hoping to get it. The reviews are sort of scary on here and other places, but from what I gather on the overall package that would be offered to me is amazing. It's about $20,000 more than my highest paying job ever!

Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview process was relatively straight forward. Two telephone interviews followed by two in-person interviews. The interviewing professionals were very knowledgeable and they informed you of each step of the process.

Senior Director Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Matheson Tri-Gas (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Had two different meetings. Both with senior management from Dallas and New Jersey. Actively were probing to understand my current position and how I could help them out. Positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Projects that I worked on.
      Areas of concentration.