Matrikon Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB | Glassdoor

Matrikon Interview Questions in Edmonton, AB

2.7

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Matrikon (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

The communications with the company was easy because I was referred by someone related to the department that I was applying to. Made it easy to gain an interview and review quickly. There was a initial phone interview to have a taste on the salary and type of work environment you will be working in (Cubicles, working with others) and I got the salary expectation from this site so I didn't price myself out of their range.

Then there was the panel interview... except it's more like a 1:1 with a listener and someone writing down details while they look at your portfolio, on your computer, printed, etc. One is the manager of the department and the other is someone within HR... HR asks the most questions to the manager. My interview lasted around half an hour to 45 minutes. Not short, but because I made sure to ask questions, which I think makes a difference to the company on how they run so there are no surprises and they get a full look.

As for the people and the work culture: You got to love working in a cube... if you can't get over that, do not apply here. It is your corporate job.. not the freelance lets-hang-out-on-the-couch with a drink as my break as I feel type. The people seem happy to work there as they pay well for the position and have decent benefits from what I was seeing from friends and others.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest fault?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Matrikon (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

I was called on the phone and had a 40 minute discussion on the available position (interviewer) and my experiences. It was very generic and not very difficult. The interviewer was not very specific with the questions and I had a feeling that he was kind of going thru' the motions.
    After 2 days he called back for a 1 on 1 interview where again he was more interested in my past experiences and my interest in alternate positions. By the body language I could make out that my chances were slim to none. Anyway, after 2 weeks i got a mail saying that I did not make the cut.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Matrikon (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2008.

Interview

My interview was in 2007. I remember that it began with a phone interview and then a 1:1 with one person. We discussed my past experience and expectations.

Interview Questions

• Give example of a difficulty in the work place and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had no idea how to negotiate, but I think the salary can be ngotiated.